Bicycles!

lovin that old Proflex. I always kind of wanted one, but that was back in the day where my ego was married to riding a completely rigid steel bike, (due in part to being a starving student, no doubt)

I like the pics of your kid's bikes, that's super fun!
Hell I still haven't ridden a fully suspended bike!
My old Mongoose and GT Zaskar are still sporting ancient Answer Manitou shocks on them.

From this morning's dirty ride inspired by this thread.
ZitH3pCl.jpg

Tonights ride
xrzl6jB.jpg

Aq3MVQi.jpg

c9Lo0TO.jpg

p74395P.jpg

All fixed up and rolling again, although I did feel a little light headed by the time I was done. The mosquitoes got a quart of blood and didn't even offer me a glass of orange juice after..

Last edited:
Hopefully you had a decent pump... filling a fatty like a BF Larry tire with a mini pump is an excercise in patience and frustration lots of air in there...

Current rides are a Bridgestone RB-1 and a Ritchey Ultra. Now I gotta take pics of bikes too:p

So I got a little crazy and decided that since I liked my Fat Bike so much it was time to upgrade and ordered a semi-custom build. The bike I had was actually quite a nice bike but it did have some short comings when it came to summer riding. So I am having something built that will hopefully work well for my riding all year long. I won't have it until the end of next week but here is a stock picture that is similar to my build although mine is coming fitted with a Wren suspension fork instead of the Bluto. The only problem now is I just sold my other Fat Bike this morning so I am ride less for a week.
HE38kMU.jpg

So I got a little crazy and decided that since I liked my Fat Bike so much it was time to upgrade and ordered a semi-custom build. The bike I had was actually quite a nice bike but it did have some short comings when it came to summer riding. So I am having something built that will hopefully work well for my riding all year long. I won't have it until the end of next week but here is a stock picture that is similar to my build although mine is coming fitted with a Wren suspension fork instead of the Bluto. The only problem now is I just sold my other Fat Bike this morning so I am ride less for a week.

A lot of riders in my area will have a 29er wheelset built up for their bikes and swap wheels in the summer. I'm looking at doing something similar but with 27.5+, just waiting for the funds to accumulate. Is the fatback build done through a shop or does fatback do that for you then ship it out?

A lot of riders in my area will have a 29er wheelset built up for their bikes and swap wheels in the summer. I'm looking at doing something similar but with 27.5+, just waiting for the funds to accumulate. Is the fatback build done through a shop or does fatback do that for you then ship it out?
The build is being done by a shop, sort of, http://www.ridefatbikes.ca/about/
He has a relationship with Fatback and Foes and orders direct and builds to your specs. He doesn't have a brick and mortar storefront and carries little to no inventory choosing instead to equip your bike with the latest components and deals. He called Fat Back and discussed my build requirements and then they worked out a package for my budget. It's a bit of a unique business model I guess, but between phone calls and meeting in person and riding a demo bike he spent several hours with me making sure the build will suit my particular needs.....I hope. Mine is coming fitted with 2017 Shimano M-series SLX trigger shifter groupset and hydraulic brakes with the larger Shimano XT 48t rear cassette ,raceface aeffect cinch 30t crankset, Wren 110 ATK suspension fork, Sun Ringle Mule Fut SL80 wheelset with Schwalbe Jumbo Jim 4.8" tires set up tubeless, KS Lev Integra dropper post, Deity V compound pedals, Fat Back carbon bars and Fatback headset and saddle.
Everything gets shipped to him and then he puts the build together. When he delivers the bike he will then spend some time with me fine tuning the suspension and set up. I can't wait....it's almost as bad as waiting for my NASK pre-order to be fulfilled. lol

Ta2ude, that's a pretty sweet system. I've considered trying something like that with road-type bikes but I never thought there would be money with it. I know of a few smaller bike brands that you basically buy the frame and they will purchase the parts for you at manufacturer cost but you're left on your own to build it (fine for me but not for some). That's a pretty neat setup the guy has with fatback.

I'd say 5000

I'd say 5000
And I can't imagine a better way to while away 5000 hours.
Speaking of which, I'm outta here to hit the trails.
Installed a bunch of new bits on my Stache 9 yesterday so it's almost like a new bike today!
And I promise to get some pictures today.

Just back from my daily ride and got those pictures!
Stache 9 with pretty much everything swapped to adapt to my six foot sixness, so don't get too critical of my jacked up seatpost... The bike is an XL, they don't make a bigger one in this model.

The first photo I'm surprised I could see the bike through the skeeters!
kPi6wbW.jpg

And this one you can see the new 46t pie plate I installed yesterday on the new Duroc 50mm wheel.....
What hill??!! This thing climbs like a goat.
83maT2V.jpg

Sorry for no action pics, when the mosquitoes go away I'll take the time to set up for some trail video.

hope rear brake next!

hope rear brake next!
I swapped that 4 pot caliper to my SC Superlight 29 and just never put it back for some reason.
And now that I changed rear wheels I am getting a little intermittent rotor rub so maybe tomorrow I'll put the Hope back on.
Thanks for the reminder.
Having multiple mountain bikes puts a strain on my wallet and memory as to which bikes I put parts on.
Need some sort of a spreadsheet for all this crap.

Back