Big Daghetta: imperfection in pocket clip

Cyrano

Gold Member
I recently purchased a Big Daghetta from one of BF's supporting dealers. While I loved the design, I didn't love this defect: a crack in the pocket clip, in one of the right-angle bends:

The dealer checked his inventory, and the first two knives he opened had identical cracks where the clips were bent.

If this were a $50 knife, I'd give LionSteel a pass on this ... but not for a $150 knife, and especially not for a $150 knife built with D2 blade steel.

Have you contacted LionSteel with this issue? Sounds like they have a bad batch of clips. While this should have been caught by QC it doesn't seem like a hard issue to fix.

I checked the clip on my Big Daghetta, and it is perfect. It looks like some bad stampings got through QC. A replacement should be easy to get from them. I wish they had a left handed clip made for us southpaws.

Email LionSteel ASAP at info@lionsteel.it and ask for a replacement clip. Include the pictures, where and when you purchased it.

Note that LionSteel is usually closed for about 3-4 weeks in August of each year.

Thomas.....

I've had scratches that are worse, you know what I mean.....it's a pocket clip,to easy to replace...not Investigation Discovery....an attempt to disparage a product with a title like that doesn't fly with me......

... I've had scratches that are worse, you know what I mean.....it's a pocket clip,to easy to replace...not Investigation Discovery....an attempt to disparage a product with a title like that doesn't fly with me......

It was not my intent to disparage anyone or anything.

It was my intent to provide LionSteel (and its user community) insight into a systematic defect in their current production. In so doing, I intended to bring the defect to LionSteel's attention, while enabling LionSteel to get additional information about the frequency of this defect from other users.

LionSteel is widely recognized for the quality and sophistication of their manufacturing processes. They did not achieve this level of quality by being ignorant of defects, nor by failing to address root cause when defects are identified. My silently replacing a defective clip does nothing to help LionSteel improve; providing Lionsteel with factual observations does.

If the grid in the picture is correct the crack looks to be less than half a millimeter which is about the size of a gnat's arse. :)

I accept that the original title of this thread could have been perceived as disparaging, so I've edited it to be more precise and (I hope) less inflammatory.

The length of the crack is c. 0.7 mm:

i-swTtrXX-X2.jpg

Back