Big Nasty

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
That's the first thing that came to my mind after grinding this one... big and nasty.

This one is a little over a foot long and 1/4" thick, it is chisel ground 5160 Steel. I just ground it out this morning.

040qt.jpg

049pq.jpg

I see, I like these long blade profiles.. so whats the handle treatment going to be o_O

I'm going to cord wrap it... blood red cord over black leather or stingray skin. I could add some kydex scales first to thicken it up and go black on black or black, red, black. I'm thinking I will keep the forge finish on it and go with something dark. I'm hanging it up for a few days until I get more caught up on orders.

I have a crazy selection of cord, I could even do a bright orange wrap over glow cord or something wild.

Dude that is one wicked sticker! A little thick for my tastes but, pretty cool none the less.

Cord wrapped with a paracord "D-guard" would be awesome!

-Xander

Hmmm, sounds good.. sign me up for one with a 5inch handle and 16inch blade.. O_O actually you have about the length handle space I like on a blade like that when I am fighting bandits and such in the woods...

Hmmm, sounds good.. sign me up for one with a 5inch handle and 16inch blade.. O_O actually you have about the length handle space I like on a blade like that when I am fighting bandits and such in the woods...

Hmmmm, 21 inches, I like that. Tactical Wakizashi anyone? This one feels huge at only a little over a foot, a 21 incher would be sweet.

I ave always wanted a cane sword and this blade shape would make a cool one at about 3+ feet. :D

I have this knife sitting on a table in my living room next to some petrified dinosaur bone slabs I was saving. I might still cord wrap it but dino bone would be pretty cool...

Back