BK29 in 50?

So I went back to some old posts on here and the best I can tell, the BK20 Bundok sets sold out in 50 calendar days, 4-12-16 to 5-31-16. Will the BK29 Moses sets beat that record? What do you think?

3-24-17 is the first post (by Murphnuge) I found announcing the BK29 was available.

Last edited:
50 days sounds about right on the BK-20, I predict the BK-29 will go faster. I want to see a special run of BK-16's in some different steel, D-2, S30V.

Last edited:
The knives are so similar that it may come down to the package deal. I am on the fence since I like the short straight clip of the 20 better and never liked large curved clips. I am a BK4 lover too so that package had lots of appeal. I do like the 5 too and I am curious about the snakecharmer but I already have a bunch of neck knives. I am still stalling for now but am having a hard time resisting. My guess is that they will take just a tad longer due to the similarity of the blades. It is a great value for three quality American made blades for sure.

I really hope that if it does take a while that Kabar will still continue these short runs and bring us knife nuts some sweet blades. Not every knife is gonna have mass market appeal but there are enough of us knife nuts to keep 500-1000 piece runs coming. :)

If we are gonna get crazy with requests then put me down for a 3V BK4 and a D2 BK16. :D

The knives are so similar that it may come down to the package deal
Yup. I like the look of the 20 better, myself...but passing on a once and done run Becker just doesn't feel right. Package Deal, you say - oh, it comes with a 5. I had a few 5s before the 20 came along, now I have a few more - I think I'd have to count the 5 as another negative on MY scorecard. Snody Snake Charmer? Ummmmm, no - not for me.
So back to the 20 - I still don't particularly want to end up without one...but I don't want either of the knives that come with it (though, as I mentioned in another thread, a 5 with rough coat & laser etching would have some appeal to me. Would it be enough to get me to spring for the package? I don't know. Besides - people will be dumping them, and I can just grab one off the Exchange).

Then again - I've been sleeping like crap. I've been known to make purchases when I've been up for 30+ hrs

As nice as the 29 deal is I'am very satisfied with the 20. 👍

Yup. I like the look of the 20 better, myself...but passing on a once and done run Becker just doesn't feel right. Package Deal, you say - oh, it comes with a 5. I had a few 5s before the 20 came along, now I have a few more - I think I'd have to count the 5 as another negative on MY scorecard. Snody Snake Charmer? Ummmmm, no - not for me.
So back to the 20 - I still don't particularly want to end up without one...but I don't want either of the knives that come with it (though, as I mentioned in another thread, a 5 with rough coat & laser etching would have some appeal to me. Would it be enough to get me to spring for the package? I don't know. Besides - people will be dumping them, and I can just grab one off the Exchange).

Then again - I've been sleeping like crap. I've been known to make purchases when I've been up for 30+ hrs

Have you handled the snake charmer? If not, don't count it out so fast. I had that thing sold in my head long before it ever got delivered. But after handling it, I can say I'm quite impressed. It's a neat little blade.

Have you handled the snake charmer? If not, don't count it out so fast. I had that thing sold in my head long before it ever got delivered. But after handling it, I can say I'm quite impressed. It's a neat little blade.

After cord wrapping mine, it has become a new favorite, and in a fantastic steel no less! Really surprised how fun that little knife ended up being.

I am among those that prefer the look of the 29, but I've got two 20's and with tight finances can't see adding something so similar. However if someone gets one and wants to trade, I'd be happy to.

Im glad you (and others) like it.
I dont need to have it in hand to know that it doesn't appeal to me. I hate the ring - would HAVE to cut it off. The knife would then be overly short, with a weird shaped handle. The sheath color and the ring at the end mean it would go in garbage.
Closed minded, yup..
But I know what I don't like.

I am among those that prefer the look of the 29, but I've got two 20's and with tight finances can't see adding something so similar. However if someone gets one and wants to trade, I'd be happy to.
DunkEm, send me an email and we can talk.

an impact tool like the machax is probably most happy as 4140 or 5160 or somesuch... 3v? seems silly :D

It is time to pay the tax man April 15th. Maybe that has slowed down sales alittle. I didn't have a Bk5 so the combo deal worked out nicely for myself.

The package deal is such a great deal. Don't like the snake charmer? Unload it for a few bucks and pass on the savings. Same with the 5 (although I want to keep mine). Worst case is you'll end up with a $100 bk29. Which imo is a pretty amazing deal especially when considering the low number of makes.

The package deal is such a great deal. Don't like the snake charmer? Unload it for a few bucks and pass on the savings. Same with the 5 (although I want to keep mine). Worst case is you'll end up with a $100 bk29. Which imo is a pretty amazing deal especially when considering the low number of makes.

The Truth has been spoken here

Back