BK29 in 50?

I just found a another good reason to add a $46 swabbie to the next bk29 bundle; it looks just close enough to the spyderco darn dao sword to scratch that itch and save me another $389 at KC.

I opted for a more saberish grind version with the BK9s. Even going over board and way over BK budget I did what was right for me getting (3rd BK 9 one accidentally but keeping it!) mostly bigger BK9s and a BK4. Some how the near FFG just don't feel right for me on a bigger blade. If they made it more BK9ish I'd of been all over it.

I vote for bringing back the bk20 for an 2nd limited run((500 or so) I won't be missing that one! Well, I now have 2 bk7s, one of which I'd gladly trade for another 9! I'd even throw in a 12 pack of warstiener!

I opted for a more saberish grind version with the BK9s. Even going over board and way over BK budget I did what was right for me getting (3rd BK 9 one accidentally but keeping it!) mostly bigger BK9s and a BK4. Some how the near FFG just don't feel right for me on a bigger blade. If they made it more BK9ish I'd of been all over it.
I love my niner, it's my favorite, and most used blade. That said, the FFG on my 20 kicks ass. It's a chopping machine:

59.png

62.png

64.png

72.png

Even the bk9 outchops my "squaw hatchet" which is the only axelike object I bring out to the bundocks. It's a plumb half-hatchet, not as forgiving as a bk9 even

Last edited:
I just found a another good reason to add a $46 swabbie to the next bk29 bundle; it looks just close enough to the spyderco darn dao sword to scratch that itch and save me another $389 at KC.
Did someone say swabbie?:D Poor man's BK20
IMG_1178_2.jpg

Last edited:
We’re almost at the end of the MoBos, I just ordered another one and the Ka-bar site says “1” left, jump on it guys!!

The BK-29s are gone! 235 days to sellout vs. 50 days for the BK-20s. Longer than I thought it would take! Glad I got mine, let the secondary free market sales begin...

Back