Bk9

Nice pic and im loving the customized handle and liners!
Thank you sir!
The liners were tide pods container lol.
Unfortunately I removed them to fit in the Azwelke sheath which is worth the trade off. I've been too lazy to take the heat gun to the sheath heh

If you ever want to move them let me know! I dont ever use tide pods but maybe i will get some just to make a set or two! Seriously though, stunning.

The BK9 is a heck of a knife.
Definitely my favorite large blade.

Damn it looks good with those wood handles, ive been thinking about getting some for a minute. How does it shift the balance? Less top heavy maybe?

Damn it looks good with those wood handles, ive been thinking about getting some for a minute. How does it shift the balance? Less top heavy maybe?
Thanks!
I think it feels pretty close to the same as far as balance. It does feel better in my hand though since I made the scales custom fitted to my own hand.
(Sorry for the late reply)

Seriously cool - thank you for sharing.

Thought the BK5 is my favorite, you can't not have a Nine as has been oftentimes quoted here. Without any disrespect to my beloved Five, the Nine is truly a go-to heavy duty outdoorsman's knife.

Hi all: Well I have had the BK9 out on a few excursions and here is my short review. First a quick shout out to AZWELKE sheaths. I ordered a sheath from them and it is so much farther ahead of the one I purchased locally here for my BK7 in Winnipeg Canada. Quality is A++. Sorry I have no pics to put up of the knife or the sheath. Ok, the BK9, The Beast, The King. Went out on a spring hike and overnighter pulling a sled. Brought the BK9 as my primary blade,no axe or hatchet. Batoning mostly softwood, this knife breezed through anything 6 inches or smaller,and I'm sure would do well on bigger pieces. I processed quite a bit of wood using my folding saw and the BK9 only. I love this thing. From slicing meat to chopping onion to splitting wood for the fire, this knife does it all. I am hooked. I have a duty belt that I carry the BK9 horizontally with a Tek Lok on my left for right hand draw and a Buck 119 hanging on the right for all my camp food tasks. I beat on this knife not holding back chopping and batonning and it did not flinch. Edge retention is also great,after all that use,not shave sharp,but plenty sharp for all I needed. Well this will be my bush carry knife for many years to come I'm happy to say. Thanks Ethan for the great design

The 9 is a great blade. My most used knife.

Hi all: Well I have had the BK9 out on a few excursions and here is my short review. First a quick shout out to AZWELKE sheaths. I ordered a sheath from them and it is so much farther ahead of the one I purchased locally here for my BK7 in Winnipeg Canada. Quality is A++. Sorry I have no pics to put up of the knife or the sheath. Ok, the BK9, The Beast, The King. Went out on a spring hike and overnighter pulling a sled. Brought the BK9 as my primary blade,no axe or hatchet. Batoning mostly softwood, this knife breezed through anything 6 inches or smaller,and I'm sure would do well on bigger pieces. I processed quite a bit of wood using my folding saw and the BK9 only. I love this thing. From slicing meat to chopping onion to splitting wood for the fire, this knife does it all. I am hooked. I have a duty belt that I carry the BK9 horizontally with a Tek Lok on my left for right hand draw and a Buck 119 hanging on the right for all my camp food tasks. I beat on this knife not holding back chopping and batonning and it did not flinch. Edge retention is also great,after all that use,not shave sharp,but plenty sharp for all I needed. Well this will be my bush carry knife for many years to come I'm happy to say. Thanks Ethan for the great design

Great review!

If you ever get a chance, pair it with a bk16, if you like a clip point try the 17. If you like the 9 that much for these tasks you'll love the 16/17. Even the 15 if you like a trailing point.

Hi all: Just a short note on my BK9. Have used the heck out of this blade. Took it on a remote 4 day canoe trip along with my Silky saw. No axe, just the saw and BK9. Well let me say I did not baby this knife. I chopped, I batonned. I split some big pieces of wood. Even had the knife stuck in a piece and just kept hammering on it till it went through. BK9 did not flinch/break/bend or anything else except maybe lose a bit of coating. I'm truly hooked on this knife. Thanks Kabar

Back