Blade Show 2017 - Who Is Going?

Whatever you do, do NOT stay at the Doubletree Suites Atlanta Galleria. It is just across the interstate from the show. I won't bore you with the details, but I travel a good bit and this was the single worst hotel in which I have stayed. Besides having terrible service, the room was actually unsanitary (mold and blood stains).

Whatever you do, do NOT stay at the Doubletree Suites Atlanta Galleria. It is just across the interstate from the show. I won't bore you with the details, but I travel a good bit and this was the single worst hotel in which I have stayed. Besides having terrible service, the room was actually unsanitary (mold and blood stains).

This is also very much appreciated advice - and a recent experience may have spurred my post also. A few weeks ago, I taught a motorcycle class out of town and the sponsor paid for the hotel. I checked in, asked for a different room due to smell and then ran out to get Heavy Duty Febreeze since the smell seemed standard for all their rooms. Got to sleep and needed to wake early (around 4:45am). About 1am I got up to go to the bathroom and when I turned the lights on, there were lots of "friends" in the room. Cocka-roaches pretty much everywhere, including 1 on the headboard looking down to say hello. I didn't sleep the rest of that night and then next night paid for my own hotel that I knew would be one where I could get some sleep and actual rest.

I lost my prescription sunglasses at the Blade Show this year. I need to go back to look for them next June...;)

Phil

Well, when I started this post I was unsure how things were going to fare with "things" and I had every intention that "I'll make it to this one". Since then, the Ex and I remarried in December and hence my priorities are somewhat differently focused.

42 Days and Counting for those who are going
Blade17-vi.jpg

43 Days and Counting since I won't be in Hot'lanta
WWb-vi.jpg

All five of us are going. Looking for a 3/32"scandiman in a two-tone ironwood (dark/light) :rolleyes:

We will be there again, but this year we will be introducing

Shadetree Knifeworks

Will they have wood handles? :p

I look forward to seeing you guys again to see what is new.

Phil

Neither wood nor Shadetree. :eek::eek:

Looking forward to seeing you again. . .I gotta look for my glasses down there too. . . :thumbsup:

I just found out I need to travel for work next week. I've arranged for a long layover Friday in Atlanta. It looks like I can get a shuttle back and forth to the Cobb center.

I'll see you guys at the show.

I'm going but I'm going to hang out with the guys that make the cheap Chinese knives and throwing stars.

I'll be down this year too, just made my reservations a few days ago. I hope things have been good around here on the forums, I'm certainly out of touch and for that I apologize - I miss you guys! It'll be good to see you all again and get caught up on things.

- Ken

We will be there this year and are going to have a booth (#245). Come by and see us. Look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some more of you!

Back