Blade Show - Friday Earlybird Option?

AR-Trvlr

Gold Member
Has anyone done the earlybird option to get in at noon on Friday, and get two hours extra before the gates open to the general admission attendees?

Is it worth it? Will all the makers and dealers be set up?

It looks like my only real opportunity to attend will be Friday afternoon, but I'm not sure that the $20 one-day pass plus the $25 earlybird pass is worth the extra...

From what I have heard, once the doors open, it is a rush to the maker of your choice to hope to land what you can.
Due to that, I would think that the added time would only be of benefit.

On top of that, if it is going to be your first time going, why not get as much out of it as possible?
Two more hours to fiddle with knives, why not? It is basically passing on two new Opinels to get the added time.

I'm leaning towards doing it. I'm local, so it's easier for me to attend, and this will be my second time.

I'm not really going to be in a rush to hit any tables. I might not even buy a knife there. It *is* nice, though, to have that opportunity to see them before they're sold out.

I've done it every chance I had. Also like you, never bought anything using the extra time but sometimes it is nice to 'fondle' some steel before the REAL crowds hit. Haven't been in a few years, wish I was local.... have fun!

Most of the prime custom pieces are sold before the doors open, on Thursday night. Keep in mind there are quite a few guys with pre show exhibitor passes as well..buddies. There are hundreds in line before 10:00 AM.

If you have a particular custom maker/dealer you're wanting to visit, then it's definitely worth it. All exhibitors will be open with tables full.

Can you buy the early bird on Friday morning on-site? Registration is closed, I was waiting to see if my Dad was going to make it in before I bought tickets.:oops:

I went early bird two years ago and am doing it again this year. It is worth it IMO if your after a certain knife that may be limited

Back