Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
Well, it looks like the Bladeforums Barlow will be produced after the Rendezvous.
I will add information to this thread as stuff occurs , but don't expect too much until September or so. I will try to make this the only discussion thread, to keep confusion down to a murmur, so I will close the Poll thread, and the older "Will There Be a 2017 Forum Knife" threads (if tomsch will cooperate here???)
Anyway, here is a tidbit: Bill insists the front tang must have Tidioute on it to be consistent with the TC on the Bolster, so has devised the following stamping for the pile side of the tang:

blade forums stamp.jpg

FAQs answered:
- #15 pattern
- Sheepfoot blade with nail nick and swedge
- 1095 carbon steel, with all-steel bolsters and liners
- plain Blade (no etch)
- Natural Canvas Micarta handles
- 500 knives to be made
- prices will soon be established
- an order thread will be established as we get closer to the time of production

Last edited:
Thanks for all of your hard work and keeping us updated. I look forward to this one. The overall design and stamping look great.

That's great news Charlie, the stamp is cool! It's gonna be an awesome knife!!

Eric

Thanks for the info and all that you have done to make this a reality. I have been watching this process closely. I can't wait to place my order.

so I will close the Poll thread, and the older "Will There Be a 2017 Forum Knife" threads (if tomsch will cooperate here???)

Not to worry. Done and Done. You and Garth got friends in low places.
This is now a sticky.

And my deepest thanks to you, Bill, and Barry for making this happen.

Last edited:
Super cool tang stamp, Charlie. And I've come around to the natural micarta - should make for a sturdy working knife, and that's a great trait for any pocket knife!

It is great to have the news of the knife being pretty much set. Now we can look forward to the updates. Now we champ at the bit for months :)

Thanks Charlie and Bladeforums for making and letting this happen and thanks gec for making it for us

I really do not have words to properly thank Charlie, Bill and Barry.

OK, now that's done. What do you think about BF 2018...:p
Thanks again Charlie!
Can't wait for the production pics.

Thanks again for all your efforts, Charlie.

Now, how about those match-strike nail-nicks? ;)

Looks great, think I'm going to enjoy using this one.

Great news Charlie and thank you for your work on these and all your other great knives!

The selection process is always interesting but it is a good day when the design is finalized. Thanks to all who spearheaded the project as well as those still contributing. Much appreciated!

Back