Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

I will add information to this thread as stuff occurs , but don't expect too much until September or so.

I was fooled also. GEC shuffled their production schedule and caught me as well.

I think what the virginian means is he believed they wouldn't be available for purchase until September.

That's what I thought also at one point. My apologies to anyone who was misled.

Hey if you get an opening take it. Right. No need for any apoligies. You have done good by me and judging by how fast they sold out, i believe many others feel the same.

Well, I guess I'm out of luck.

Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the whole shebang.

Thanks to everyone who made first gec Barlow possible. First blade forums knife and hopefully not the last.very cool

You must be new here ;) We've been doin' this for goin' on 12 years now, (insert gratuitous photo of previous forum knives here ;) )

I9t6FIH.jpg

Notice the Barlow in 2009, that was one of my favorites and one of the most painful knives to be born from that years project crew. It was a difficult birth but what a beautiful knife. Alas it was not a GEC but a double stamped Queen/Schatt Morgan.

I think that's what is best about this knife...that many will NOT be scared off from using it. It's pretty much the blue collar barlow - it is very reasonably priced, not fancied up much, and there were actually plenty to go around.

The sheepsfoot doesn't appeal to everyone (I love it), and I suppose it's a little less versatile than a clip or spear, but I bet a lot of folks will be keeping these in their pockets rather than the tubes. But if they keep them nice and new, that's cool too.

Thank you Charlie, Barry, GEC and everyone else involved. I'm very much looking forward to this!

Every year I say I'm gonna keep this pristine and I coddle it and protect it and keep it segregated in it's own little sheath and then it happens. I have to sharpen it, it gets a scratch or a little pepper spot on the HC blade and that's the end, it become a full fledged user.

Did ya whittle the firecracker too Barry? ;)

Guess it wasn't to be. The message I left on GSJ's site when I ran into this problem went unanswered and unresolved.

Wait till the smoke clears and many of the members here over buy and offer to sell their extras for cost and shipping so don't give up hope. Barry usually under sells and then there are returns and factory returns/Seconds available when they've shipped.

I posted this in the official sales thread as well:

Guys, I have purposely undersold the 2017 BF order to prevent overselling and consequential problems. Remember, the final number of 500 is not written in stone, and there will likely be some seconds. When all is said and done there should be a few knives left over for sale, both first quality product and possibly a second or two. At that time, I will post a thread for those of you who didn't get a 2017 BF knife and would like a chance to buy one. Winners will be chosen at random for whatever knives are available and I will then put up a link for the winners. OK?

This is as fair as I know how to be, but if you have a better suggestion, I'm open to hear it.

See, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Barry and the rest do their best to make sure everyone who wants one gets one. ^^^^^^^^^^^

Same here. First forum knife I've missed since 2012 - really surprised there wasn't a longer "heads-up" before it went live....

It's pretty easy, I usually subscribe or reply to to each of the threads as they progress and check back occasionally as I get alerts, I'm kiddin' I look everyday from the beginning of the year till they start discussing the following years knives and twice on Sundays. ;) All kidding aside don't give up hope yet and maybe there's a way to become part of a conversation through BFC or sign up for a mass email to get notified that there's progress. It's just easier for me to pop my head into the thread once a week, it's worked for 12 years so far. :)

@gunstockjack I must say Jack, you've really went out of your way to be very fair and even more so - considerate. I can't think of a better way to allocate the remaining BF knives to patrons.

Last year and others - I heard - were trying and we all appreciate what you and waynorth waynorth do for the BF community and knives in general.

T. Erdelyi T. Erdelyi Pretty much how it went for me, as well. I have no doubt, we're good on our reservations for the BF knife. I enjoy your BF Knife collection and always admire your pics. Are you the only one with all the BF annual knives?

HST HST I know there's 1, maybe 2 other members who have the whole collection and I hafta to say of any collection I have the forum knives are my favorite and mean the most to me because I can recall everything we went through to get them made. From the first 30 in 2006 to the 500 made for 2017 I can come on to the forums and pull up all the threads pertaining to the traditional forum knives and relive each years knife. :) I've also made some good friends as a result of the forum knives and the process we've gone through. :)

I don't post as much as I used to, but thanks to Charlie selling me a ring opener, I have a complete set as well. I didn't find the Porch before they put that one to bed, but I've gotten in on all the rest.

glennbad has them all and iirc, mqqn and clutchcarter have the most after that with I believe 9 each. They're both missing the first 3 years which were low production numbers.

ETA oh yea, how could I forget... and yablanowitz. :)

Left town for a week and missed it. I have two each of the last 7 (2010 to 2016), since the start of the Blade Forums dotted stamp. I am a little disappointed, but as the saying goes, "you snooze, you lose". Will have to make sure I don't miss the thread for the leftovers and seconds.
Dan

glennbad has them all and iirc, mqqn and clutchcarter have the most after that with I believe 9 each. They're both missing the first 3 years which were low production numbers.

So, is this year's the 13th Official Bladeforums knife? Or is there an asterisk implied? ;)

~ P.

This should be the twelfth by my count, unless you count the Eric's Jack (the runner up to the Stag Jack).

I really should have fallowed this thread closer. I thought that they wouldn't even be up for sale for a few months. :( Oh well.
If anyone bought a few extra and would be willing to part with one, please let me know.

D'oh! I managed to miss the buy thread, too - away from the internet/forums that whole week - but honestly, I think waynorth waynorth did a great job of it. C'est la vie; I'll watch for the second chance thread, and my compliments for taking this project on.

Awe crap! I watch everything from the very beginning, go awol for a couple of weeks, then return only to find out I was left behind. Oh well, maybe next year. I don't know why I had it in my head that sales wouldn't open until August sometime. At least my boy and I were fortunate enough to get one the last couple of years.

Back