Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

Can't say I'm not super disappointed, this was my best chance to buy my first TC Barlow. When others are put up will it be in this thread or a new one?

Wow so I kicked the original thread off and I ducked away for some intense couple of months of work and it's all over?

Guys, a lot of people, including many non-members, bought the 2017 BF knife not knowing it was a pre-sale item and not delivered until September, and also limited to only two per individual customer/member/address. I'm frankly amazed at the number of people that tried to buy with the intent of re-sale, which, of course, we have tried hard to discourage.

Bottom line is this: I've had to cancel and refund a number of orders due to the above reasons, and therefore have several extra knives to offer to legitimate members here. If you would like to purchase and missed out on the initial order, PM me here and I will send a purchasing link to the first 12 legitimate members with at least 100 posts. You must contact me through BladeForums! No email requests will be accepted!

There will also be a few stragglers available in September when we have an accurate number for production.

Barry I for one appreciate your effort in this. You have helped me in the past with hard to find knives and I have always found you honest and accommodating and will be doing business with you for a long time. Thanks for your efforts.

"The best laid plans of mice and men..." Barry, Charlie and all those involved, I thank you for taking the trouble to make sure we can have these nice things. And despite the best of intentions to make it fair, there will always be flippers out there, trying to make a buck on collectors and those who just like to appreciate a nice barlow :( alas c'est la vie. might as well start taking bets on the bay BINs after they ship in september .... :rolleyes:

Guys, a lot of people, including many non-members, bought the 2017 BF knife not knowing it was a pre-sale item and not delivered until September, and also limited to only two per individual customer/member/address. I'm frankly amazed at the number of people that tried to buy with the intent of re-sale, which, of course, we have tried hard to discourage.

Bottom line is this: I've had to cancel and refund a number of orders due to the above reasons, and therefore have several extra knives to offer to legitimate members here. If you would like to purchase and missed out on the initial order, PM me here and I will send a purchasing link to the first 12 legitimate members with at least 100 posts. You must contact me through BladeForums! No email requests will be accepted!

There will also be a few stragglers available in September when we have an accurate number for production.
All spoken for at the moment.

It's a bit like ordering a new car...the dealer keeps patiently saying " it should be here soon I hope" Expectation gets to fever pitch you become a slave to your neurotic need to get it:D:D

But, this is a lot cheaper:D and, you don't find yourself hanging around the dealership waiting to see what's been delivered in the evenings;) I even thought about installing a game-camera there to keep watch.....o_O

Still, once the knife gets released the Postman does tend to become the victim of stalking:):D:thumbsup:

I tend to forget about it, the waiting would drive me nuts. After 11 of these with the 12th waiting in the wings I've mastered the waiting game, I just don't think about it and if I do fixate on it I pull out the 11 I already have and that keeps me mellow. ;) :)

Patience waitin', don't keep lookin' everyday if you can't take the stress. Just turn of you notifications for those threads and check back very month. You'll have a lot more to read as these threads slow down from now till the week or so before shippin'. If you're paid up you won't be missed, besides wait'll they come in, there'll be more eye candy and knife pron than you've ever seen. ;) Good luck waitin' folks, it'll be here soon enough, you have a coule of months to decide if it's gonna be a ECD or Safe Queen, outta the 12 I have there are no Safe Queens ;).

I9t6FIH.jpg

ETA, All these knives are users and I even broke the beautiful Wharncliffe tip on the 2012 GEC Trapper I re profiled it as I only lost the tiniest piece of the tip.

Last edited:
Well yes waiting is cool, but it has its paradoxical sides too;)

But as Mick Jagger says " Time waits for no one...."

Nice pic, @T.Erdelyi -

Which is your favorite?

I still need to find the first three - but have all the rest.
The 2011 is dear to me, but as far as the knife goes, I love the 2013....
best

mqqn

Nice pic, @T.Erdelyi -

Which is your favorite?

I still need to find the first three - but have all the rest.
The 2011 is dear to me, but as far as the knife goes, I love the 2013....
best

mqqn
In order of favorite to less favorite:

2008 Northwoods medium Stockman
2009 Queen/Schatt Morgan Barlow
2015 CSC Serpentine Shadow Jack
2013 GEC Congress Jack
2012 GEC Wharncliffe Trapper
2014 GEC Stag Jack
2016 GEC Harness Jack
2011 GEC EOS Swell End Jack
2010 Queen Moose
2006 CSC Ring Opener Pen
2007 CSC Canittler

Wow, that was hard. I've never sat them all down held and cut with them all including appreciate them for the material and style. This is and has been my order of favorites since gettin' the harness Jack Last Year. Afew more gratuitous pics from over the years

kwz5QJk.jpg
ti47CxQ.jpg

This pen's missin' the 2016 Harness Jack.

qRwndWD.jpg

Nice to mull over the past forum Knives while we're waiting:thumbsup:

I don't collect the complete series as there were some years I didn't fancy, just a different approach. I missed out on the 2009 which I regret due to an annoying confusion over international shipping.

My favourites from first to last would be
2014 Stag Jack
2015 Canal St Shadow
2011 Teardrop with cap lifter
2013 Congress Jack
2011 Queen Moose (given away)
2008 Northwoods Small Stockman (given away)

I do enjoy seeing pictures of past models while impatiently waiting for the 2017 to arrive. It will be my first forum knife as a relative knife newbie by forum standards.

While the 2011 is probably my favorite pattern so far, the 2009 is the most special to me. I was just starting recovery from open heart surgery, and couldn't get around by myself. I managed to finally get out long enough to send payment for one. Wish I had bought 2, but am thankful to have got that one. Like Ted, I have the complete set (and then some), but unlike Ted (who I admire for his courage to use them all), mine are all in unused condition.

Back