Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

Thanks for the update. Will the bolsters be sterile?
Based on this from Charlie:

"Anyway, here is a tidbit: Bill insists the front tang must have Tidioute on it to be consistent with the TC on the Bolster..."

I would say no, if I understand your question correctly.

nice. how proud will the blade sit when closed?
We won't know until the knives are made, 1066vik, but here are some previous releases.
The second one down (Anniversary Rosewood) sits the lowest. When I "squeezed" the blade down, it had room to be set lower, but of course at the risk of dropping the spring also!
Note: the BF Barlow will have a "drawn" swedge (like the OP drawing), as opposed to the "cut" swedges on these knives.

Previous Sheeps 1.jpg

We won't know until the knives are made, 1066vik, but here are some previous releases.
The second one down (Anniversary Rosewood) sits the lowest. When I "squeezed" the blade down, it had room to be set lower, but of course at the risk of dropping the spring also!
Note: the BF Barlow will have a "drawn" swedge (like the OP drawing), as opposed to the "cut" swedges on these knives.

View attachment 710658

As Charlie may recall, we looked at a small number of Sheepsfoot Barlows and Boy's Knives together at the Rendezvous where the first #15s with this blade were released, discovering some variation in the blade height from knife to knife.

Based on our observations, our enthusiastic conclusion was that the sheepsfoot blades in the two-blade knives were intentionally left higher (to permit easier access to the secondary pen), while those on the single-bladed editions were allowed to sink lower.

We proudly presented our findings to Bill Howard, who shot them down in flames so conclusively there may still be smoke lingering in the hallways of GEC.

~ P.

[Each knife's blade height is the result of a combination of hands-on factors in their assembling and finishing. All should fall within an acceptable range, but there is no specific intent-- nor necessarily predictable metric-- regarding those at the higher or lower height within that range.]

Exciting news! Really like that tang stamp design.

So glad to see this coming together, can't wait for the pre-order to pop up.

Thanks again to everyone involved in moving this project along, the work is certainly not in vain. Much appreciation.

Sweet. Waiting, watching, credit card in hand. Thanks to everyone on the backend making this happen again.

Be still my beating heart.
Thought this was the ordrin thread.
Whistled my card out like Yandu in Guardians Of The Galaxy and it is poised to strike.

Nicely done, looking forward to this one. Thanks Charlie, Barry, and Bill for making it happen.

Love the tang stamp. This year should be one of the more popular Forum knives along with the 2011 and 2014.

I've been out of the loop for a bit and am very happy to see the design y'all came up with this year. I like everything about this one. Thanks to everyone involved. I'm gonna bookmark this thread to make sure I don't miss anything. :D

Back