Important Info! Bladeforums Knife for 2017 - 6/26 Update!

Wouldn't it be great to have no nail nick? Even more unique and special.

The nail nick has to be there for those who need or want one, but that certainly won't stop a person from pinching the blade open, if he or she can.

An extra tang stamp!! Not a problem stamp away. I like that better then a bunch of banners on the blade. IMHO of course ;):p:D:rolleyes::)

An extra tang stamp!! Not a problem stamp away. I like that better then a bunch of banners on the blade. IMHO of course ;):p:D:rolleyes::)

Don't get too excited about the plain blade; oddly proportioned Banners have been known to appear at the last moment (which is exactly the point in the production process where blade billboards are applied).

Just sayin'. o_O

[Charlie, do we have a forecast on the blade? If so, perhaps add either "Plain Blade" or "Etch to Be Determined" in your first post...?]

~ P.

An etch on a forum knife blade has about as much chance of being agreed upon as a group of economists at racetrack agreeing on a trifecta.

Very excited to see this come together and to be apart of it in a small way. Thanks waynorth waynorth and everyone else for making this happen! Also, good to have the discussion condensed into one thread now.

An etch on a forum knife blade has about as much chance of being agreed upon as a group of economists at racetrack agreeing on a trifecta.

Ooh, I know! If the forum knife is ever a stockman pattern, we could put an etch on it calling it the "Cat Herder."

I would be happy to do the artwork for a cat herder knife :D I'm imagining a lariat surrounding the cat herder text with a sleeping kitty...

"cat herder" would probably translate much better for the artwork on the tube.

Ooh, I know! If the forum knife is ever a stockman pattern, we could put an etch on it calling it the "Cat Herder."

Too late. We did a stockman in stag way back, the third forum knife if I remember right. Trust me, these last few years have been simple compared to the cat herding that went on back then.

I'm so excited that there's no etching that I think we should celebrate with a "ETCH FREE" embellished on the blade. :)

In all seriousness though, for this particular knife, I think any etching would have been misplaced. I am a fan of etching on certain knives (Radio Jack etching really helps make the knife), but definitely not all.

Well, it looks like the Bladeforums Barlow will be produced after the Rendezvous.
I will add information to this thread as stuff occurs , but don't expect too much until September or so. I will try to make this the only discussion thread, to keep confusion down to a murmur, so I will close the Poll thread, and the older "Will There Be a 2017 Forum Knife" threads (if tomsch will cooperate here???)
Anyway, here is a tidbit: Bill insists the front tang must have Tidioute on it to be consistent with the TC on the Bolster, so has devised the following stamping for the pile side of the tang:

View attachment 710579

FAQs answered:
- #15 pattern
- Sheepfoot blade with nail nick and swedge
- 1095 carbon steel, with all-steel bolsters and liners
- plain Blade (no etch)
- Natural Canvas Micarta handles
- 500 knives to be made
- prices will soon be established
- an order thread will be established as we get closer to the time of production

Mr. Charlie, I would love to have one in Portugal, if possible !!!

Back