Bladeforums x Rekat – all the #1s of the set!

I'm sure many if not most are aware that Rekat made a special limited run of some knives in various configurations for Bladeforums, but I'm not sure how many are aware that all the #1 serials of the collaboration are all together (and have been for a long time, just not sure when the last time they were photographed, as my dad has basically had them in his closet for a while).

They've only been used a handful of times from what I can tell, and they're all awesome to hold. The Sifu is such a large knife. I think the Rajah 1 and Espada XL are pretty much the only comparable folders I've come across.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this little bit of bladeforums history with y'all!

Po8optX.jpg

185TTCN.jpg

I wasn't aware. That's really cool. I love REKAT. I have a Sifu and a Hobbit folder and am in the market for a Carnivore. (Kicking myself that I didn't buy one back in the day.)

And it was internet reports of Rolling Lock failures that probably killed REKAT.

I had the CF Sifu in 2001. Haven't heard these mentioned in years.

Great thread and awesome collection!
I never had the opportunity to own a Sifu, but the Vaquero makes it for me. Similar handle, curves and blade length.

Doc1_zpsukxzpq3p.png

Its modern brother, I'd say!

Last edited:
Back