Blue Steam TI Lock my favorite little big EDC

Here it is, I found it.
Thanks again Kidcongo.

This thread was really spot on. And you really go over some key points about the knife and why I truly love it.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-A-photo-essay?highlight=cleaning+crk+ti+lock

One thing that has changed is the interior of the handles. On the current run. Mine is March 31st 2015.
The inside of the handle is not fully finished in the stone wash to match the outside and is pristine like the rest, as it should be.

Congrats and happy B day, Matt.
Truly a work of art. I prefer this to a wood/bone, polished piece.
I love mine(not blue steam) and rotate with Micarta Insingo.

IF, that is IF you want to open it up. I used a long wedge under the spring to take pressure off the scales while taking it apart.

BellaBlades
HAAAA. Blue Steam!
What a sweet surprise. My birthday is in five days but my wife could not wait. My wife saw this when it was shown at the show last year and aparantly was saving up for one.
So happy and surprised. It is gorgeous and I really never expected this.
I will enjoy my new EDC but in its slip sheath for a while. It is so pretty and cuts great :p
Thank you baby.
I have a nite shift and I will be playing all night!

Hey Matt, my wife's birthday is also in 5 days. I think I'll buy her a lefty CRK.
Congratz on that nice knife and more so on a very thoughtful and loving wife.

Wow! That's an impressive and thoughtful gift!
She's a keeper! (the wife too) LOL

Here is a contribution from the garden. Some lettuce, Carrots, and zucchini I think. We also have some spices, mint, squash, and cucumbers.
Just cut a few heads up with the Ti.
Really in love with this knife. it goes against everything I ever owned as far as how refined it is. And no frame lock. Yet its solid as a rock and so fool proof.
The blade is like a gorgeous scalpel and really excels at everything besides chopping and prying.
I will have to look in the thread but there is a trick if you need to take it apart. You open the blade almost to the point where it locks which is pushing up on the lock bar. You then inert the small wrench between the blade and spring allowing the blade to move freely. It will fit perfectly. When you put it back together you simply open the blade to that point and it will come rite out. This way you can put it back together with ease. Or it is really difficult and you risk damaging things.

Now, im sitting and taking a break at my picnic table. So here are some shots of the grip.
Basically this knife is so slim sleek and curvy it feels like your making a fist and a blade is magically there.
Many not realize ti until they hold it but the profile is like a PT/SNG feel.
Dont forget you are getting as much blade as a para mili and more than my wife's manix 2 or SNG.

Last edited:
Very nice Matt! I'm happy for you. I love to see you are like me and actually use your knives for everything.

After using my TI since Early july. I had some issue with the spring part of the lock. Ive handled a few of these so I know it was either an older blade or the lock bar was not up to spec. The new lock feels amazing and is much harder to disengage which I prefer.
Either way.
Anne sent me a check to cover 15$ worth of shipping and a brand new blade was installed free of charge.

Thanks again CRK. So happy to have it back and also. The difference is huge. That blade may have been an older one.
This one is holding a hell of an edge and locks up great.
Also thanks for sharpening it at 15 DPS.
I am not sure if you meant to match my blade I sent it, but it does.

Last edited:
After using my TI since Early july. I had some issue with the spring part of the lock. Ive handled a few of these so I know it was either an older blade or the lock bar was not up to spec. The new lock feels amazing and is much harder to disengage which I prefer.
Either way.
Anne sent me a check to cover 15$ worth of shipping and a brand new blade was installed free of charge.

Thanks again CRK. So happy to have it back and also. The difference is huge. That blade may have been an older one.
This one is holding a hell of an edge and locks up great.
Also thanks for sharpening it at 15 DPS.
I am not sure if you meant to match my blade I sent it, but it does.

That's great to hear. Great customer service.

6 months in. Longest run for a knife in a long time for me. Still in my pocket most days with my only other knife CQC13. Pics of a nicely worn blue steam coming soon.
Just did not want this thread to disappear.

Sure will Lone wolfe .Those pics above make me miss my summer garden. Soon enough.

A little bit of contrast from the garden pics above.
Dont have much to say besides it is a gorgeous and efficient work tool. These pics look cool but I had trouble really showing the wear after I got it wet.
I will take more soon, but I can really get any quality pics without day light.

Here is also a three cheese pizza with mozza and tomatoes on top and a little pesto in the middle. Wheat dough.

This is really my favorite knife. I keep carrying others in between and my Emerson at work. But when it comes down to it. This does everything I need.

I also wonder about how the stone will hold up, but I have seen so many old CRK with them with no issues.
Mine shows no signs of scratching or chipping and the small size is an advantage. The handles take wear very nicely but the scratches and scuffs look great. All the hardware and Ano work shows nice wear and patina.
Any questions, throw em at me.

Then I went outside to play with this guy and get some shots.

More to come. I spent the last three days with my crap computer just to get these photos up.

Wow that knife looks great outdoors. Never really warmed up to that knife, until now....I am really liking it, love seeing the knife getting some good use

Back