Blue Steam TI Lock my favorite little big EDC

Thanks guys.
Yeah kid. I agree , it does look like a sweet tattoo.
I just set up some sandpaper onto my sharp maker rods with some carpet tape.
Time for a nice perfect 15DPS. I have been waiting and slowly bringing the shoulders back. But it is now time.

Day off with the pup. Didnt have any knife chores but I had great natural light for some shots of the wear and tear. Looks nice.

The blade looks perfect still, but you can see the wear on the spine and lock bar.

Of course , Tyson.

An upcoming project. Secret project for two knives. OMG sweetness.

And how I put the 15 DPS on my knife. Yes with a micro bevel.

Great pics Matt!! Cute dog.

What grit sandpaper is that. And how do you have them fixed to the rods?

One is 220 and the other is 400. Then I am able to remove those sharpening marks with the dark rods.

I use carpet tape to fix them to the white rods. I just dirty up the tape with my fingers a tiny bit. The oils keep the tape from sticking to the rods when your done. If you dont and stick it to the dark rods it will be a PIA to remove.

Dude, you are pushing me closer and closer to getting one.. Especially this version. I know it has been discontinued right?

Anyone ever take one of these apart. I see no need to yet. But I am wondering what is in there and I cannot find pics any where.

Ive taken one apart before, the first besides the prototype I got . There was no traditional crk washers, it was white probably some polymer with ball bearings all over it. CRK doesn't didn't recommend disassembling it but allowed me to take it apart, and if I couldn't put it back together I would have to ship it to them. Here is an old link i found http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/858791-Ti-Lock-and-take-down

Last edited:
Ive taken one apart before, the first besides the prototype I got . There was no traditional crk washers, it was white probably some polymer with ball bearings all over it. CRK doesn't didn't recommend disassembling it but allowed me to take it apart, and if I couldn't put it back together I would have to ship it to them. Here is an old link i found http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/858791-Ti-Lock-and-take-down

Dude do you have the proto? What was the one you showed me though?

Thanks for the link. Last year after I posted this I added some tips for installing the blade after finding a thread by kid Congo. When the handle is together. Use just enough grease to hold the washers in the recessed handle. That way you can side the blade in no problem. The pivot pops rite through when you slide the blade in at 90 degrees.
Ice man, yes these are discontinued. There should be a few left for sale here and there. But certainly should sooner than later if you plan on it.

Sadly my camera is truly busted and my phone won't upload. But these 1 mega pixel pics will do.
Just hanging out on vacation coloring. Not bad.

IMG_20160524_162956_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160524_162738_hdr.jpg

Big sister putting shoes on the little one after breakfast.
IMG_20160524_103619_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Love to share.
FYI. This is the best method of opening a beer with a ti lock. Almost meant to be and no damage. Well maybe a scuff. Nothing compared to what its done. Yes I ran out of good beer but its on its way here.
IMG_20160525_191942_hdr.jpg

And better yet. My little princesses. Spent the day on a safari. Pretty amazing what we saw .
IMG_20160525_193440_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
What a terrific gift, you have a keeper for sure:thumbup: (wife and knife!)

Thanks Ernie. She is pretty great. Tough independent smart woman.
This was a great vacation in VA this week. The girls were blow away on the safari and kids activity museum. So was I. Damn ostrich tried eating the baby lol. But in a sweet manor lol. Home tomorrow. Were beat.

Next stop nyala fixed blade I think. 😀

I have always wondered about the strength of this lock. I totally want to own one but I ready a couple of places the lock is basically a strong slipjoint. I would love to buy one and try it out but not sure I want to throw down $475 to do so

Back