Blue Steam TI Lock my favorite little big EDC

Its certainly not a slip joint. It does lock. But it is medium duty at most. Cant speak much on price as it was a gift. It does 99% of cutting chores i come across from auto, carpentry and shop. I use a fixed for outside and camp games. Best of luck.

I have always wondered about the strength of this lock. I totally want to own one but I ready a couple of places the lock is basically a strong slipjoint. I would love to buy one and try it out but not sure I want to throw down $475 to do so

It definitely locks and is not a slipjoint. You cannot defeat the lock with your hands or by whacking it on the table. I've had one for about 3 years now and the lock has never failed, nor can I make it fail when I've tried. I can cut a back out of chicken and the lock holds. Sounds to me you just don't like the price and that's OK, but don't hesitate to get it if all you are worried about is the lock mechanism. Your fears are unfounded...unless you do weird things inappropriate for a folder such as driving it into a tree to use as a step or pounding it into a log as a wedge, in those cases, who knows what would happen.

Built a sand box. 6x6. Posts buried about 18 inches for stability. Added some water proof clear coat sealant. Now to find some sand.
TI LOCK for roots ,pencils and wood burr removal from my old framing blade. Now replaced by a plywood and finish blade. Which I prefer.

Next step plastic sheet for base of sand. And some type of lid or cover.
IMG_20160604_161739.jpg

IMG_20160604_161824_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
It definitely locks and is not a slipjoint. You cannot defeat the lock with your hands or by whacking it on the table. I've had one for about 3 years now and the lock has never failed, nor can I make it fail when I've tried. I can cut a back out of chicken and the lock holds. Sounds to me you just don't like the price and that's OK, but don't hesitate to get it if all you are worried about is the lock mechanism. Your fears are unfounded...unless you do weird things inappropriate for a folder such as driving it into a tree to use as a step or pounding it into a log as a wedge, in those cases, who knows what would happen.

That's good to hear! And I have no problem with the price, the details put into this knife and probably longer time it takes to make, make the price more than okay in my book. The only thing that every stopped me from buying one was the lock strength. Looks like I will start saving up for one!

I just scored a Blue Steam myself. I can see why you like it so much!

BlueSteam_zpsmyudidoe.jpg

Very nice LW. Happy to have you in the club. I cannot find a better edc if I tried. Well OK. The rest of the crk line up as well. But for me. This is it for a while. 😂

Well, I finally took the plunge with a standard TI Lock:)
Now, the wait begins!

I hope you like it. After you carry and use it for a week you will understand why some like it a lot. And it will allow you to get used to the lock mech.

f88c55a6d85de5e6597b2eda5e584826.jpg

It just came this morning and my initial impression is very positive. Very solid feeling with more cutting edge than seems possible in such a compact package. I switched out the stock clip for and old school Sebenza clip and removed the lanyard/fob. Looking forward to getting used to this gem.:thumbup:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy birthday! I just got a regular one. That Blue Steam version is awesome.

Tyson says hi. He is just a little shy for the camera .

IMG_20160616_201654.jpg

Last edited:
f88c55a6d85de5e6597b2eda5e584826.jpg

It just came this morning and my initial impression is very positive. Very solid feeling with more cutting edge than seems possible in such a compact package. I switched out the stock clip for and old school Sebenza clip and removed the lanyard/fob. Looking forward to getting used to this gem.:thumbup:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLIPE8 how are you liking it so far?

FLIPE8 how are you liking it so far?

Yeah, I'm really liking it so far. I personally find it to be extremely comfortable in hand, as it reminds me of a Caly/Caly 3.5. I'm still getting used to the lock, both in use and in looks, but it certainly seems more than strong enough. I don't think there's anything I'd avoid with this knife that I would've used a Small Seb for. Absolutely love the size.

To this point, I'm considering it a win:thumbup:

Just over a year in my pocket yesterday. 370 days of edc . Nothing could move it. Just had a double b day with my oldest daughter two days ago. Happy fourth Bella 💜
Also have a sponsor for the part time academy. So excited to finally do this. Itz been a great year.

Last edited:
Love the Tilock,but also the CRK print on the birth card is awesome.Stellar statement.

Yeah, I'm really liking it so far. I personally find it to be extremely comfortable in hand, as it reminds me of a Caly/Caly 3.5. I'm still getting used to the lock, both in use and in looks, but it certainly seems more than strong enough. I don't think there's anything I'd avoid with this knife that I would've used a Small Seb for. Absolutely love the size.

To this point, I'm considering it a win:thumbup:

The caly reference is probably going to be the straw that broke the camels back. Not that I haven't been eyeballin' the ti-lock for months now. Haha big fan of the caly so I'm pretty sure I could warm up to this beaut of a folder.

Back