Boker Colubris

I'm sure it's not a case where they're selling inferior product to certain countries, but I'll have a word with them about the consistency issues.

manghu67, thank you for paying attention to my message, I hope that can change something, guys on our local knife forums say that purchase of Boker Plus knives of good quality is a lottery.
I have eventually bought Colubris, I couldn't resist... picked up the one at another seller with deviations in the edge bevel height which looks more or less acceptable, I am going to use my Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker to correct it. And what I must say here - thank you very much, the idea and design of this knife are amazing, I love it.

Great colaboration
are we going to see a boker plus super colubris in the future?

Thanks guys.

HiSG: Right now there are the Original Colubris and GITFO. And then there are two other knives currently that are in the works between myself and Boker, but I cannot talk about those until they're close to launch. ;)

I can say nothing further at present about what might or might not be in the works with Boker. Other than we have two other projects going. :)

There is a lot of back and forth on each knife to make sure they're the best they can be.

I hope there's a tanto, DJ.

I found this thread after learning the Boker Colubris I ordered was actually an American Kami design. For a mass-produced knife, I think the Boker is very nicely done. Once I had it in my hand, I was surprised at how inexpensive it is.

ETA: Any updates on what might be coming from Boker?

Last edited:
I think I payed $55 for it. Dont know how they can sell it so cheap. It fits the hand so nice and is weighted nicely. I actually keep it in the kitchen and use it daily now. Id love to own a Kami but this will do for now

ETA: Any updates on what might be coming from Boker?

Well, there's the Boker M13 coming in late April. If you click "ORDER NOW" it shows when the knife will be released. https://www.boker.de/en/fahrtenmesser/boeker-plus/outdoormesser/02BO058.html

Personally I have the Boker Colubris which I love and just received a true M15 today from BladeHQ. Now that I've gotten a taste of the real deal, I'm not sure I'd want anything else. Guess it depends on how good the Boker M13 is quality-wise.

I'm sure that I've already mentioned this, but I'm very happy with the quality level that Boker has been putting out, and they have be a real pleasure to work with. They are able to produce their knives as economically as they do because they are a big company doing long runs of parts, not one guy who has his hands on everything the goes out the door form start to finish and who is doing micro-batches, like me. :)

Right now, the OG Colubris, standard GITFO, and M13 are out in the wild. All I can say about future models with them are that we have three others that are already in the works, with another two possible once they have evaluated the physical knives. But I can't discuss specifically which of my models we are doing until both they and I have proofed the samples and the knives are in actual production. There is a lot of communication back and forth between myself and Boker when we are getting all of the attributes of the production knives dialed in, and they are as committed to making their versions of the knives as true to my original patterns as I am.

I feel bad buying the Boker and not the original! Here's hoping the Sweetleaf with blue scales is in the works. It must be a bit of a nervous feeling to have your knives being massed-produced but Boker is sure doing them justice.

Don't feel bad buying the Boker. I WANT you to buy them! They are officially licensed, so I get a piece of every unit sold. They also make my designs more available to a broader audience. Not everybody can afford the hit to their wallet that comes with one of my Professional Grade or full custom blades, but just about everyone can afford the Bokers. And they are a lot of bang for the buck. :)

My one tiny QA complaint with the Boker:

20160309_133701.jpg

20160309_133738.jpg

IT was from BladeHQ, I'll email them. Not terribly concerned, but I will see what they say. Thanks!

Blade HQ are also good people. One of my authorized dealers, too. :)

Are there any other coloured gripscales out there for the Colubris? I remember you had black, tan and coyote for the original Kami. Would the original scales fit on the Boker ?

Are there any other coloured gripscales out there for the Colubris? I remember you had black, tan and coyote for the original Kami. Would the original scales fit on the Boker ?

I just dyed mine and brushed the screws was supposed to be dark blue but left them in the dye a bit too long so they look black but you catch the blue in good sunlight

023d8ca869e706f7b96ff82d4259a833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks realy nice espeacily with the screws like that.
I didnt know you can dye G10 material. I only read about how to get the actual colour off with cooking them in water.

Back