Bose Knives

It's no secret these pocketknives aren't cheap.

Are you guys actually carrying these everyday and using them, or are they more-so display pocketknives?

One of those things. I carry my Davison's and my one Joe Allen from time to time. Don't really worry about wear tear. I guess it depends on why you're interested in this hobby? I don't think about reselling my custom knives. Maybe I'm too old to worry about it?

It's no secret these pocketknives aren't cheap.

Are you guys actually carrying these everyday and using them, or are they more-so display pocketknives?
It is my understanding that Mr Bose make / made knives to be used .

he wants to see his knives being used.

His customers would order them with the intend to use them and they are made to perform.

I dont blame anyone for not wanting to use them as they are also real beauties and in my biased opinion a work of art

Some folks use them , some collect them .some use them and collect them.

It took me a while to let go and start carrying my lannys clip, soon after i decided to buy a used tony bose wharncliffe trapper , knife was already broken into..( used and pocket worn) so i didnt have to worry about scratching it or babying the knife.

Only thing i wish.

To have more of his knives

How would anyone know if they were truly made to perform if they sit in a wooden display box..

[emoji51]

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

It is my understanding that Mr Bose make / made knives to be used .

he wants to see his knives being used.

His customers would order them with the intend to use them and they are made to perform.

I dont blame anyone for not wanting to use them as they are also real beauties and in my biased opinion a work of art

Some folks use them , some collect them .some use them and collect them.

It took me a while to let go and start carrying my lannys clip, soon after i decided to buy a used tony bose wharncliffe trapper , knife was already broken into..( used and pocket worn) so i didnt have to worry about scratching it or babying the knife.

Only thing i wish.

To have more of his knives

How would anyone know if they were truly made to perform if they sit in a wooden display box..

[emoji51]

+1+ Toppygray. Well said.

I can't afford one of Tony's customs, but I use all 4 of my Case-Bose collaborations. It's the only way to appreciate the design behind them. I also have some customs from more makers I can afford, and I carry them as well. The only knife I don't carry is one I don't like :)

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Vince.

You and Tony have made a lot of people happy.

This is my favorite of the ones you have posted. The Little Big Knife. This should become a Bose-Case collaboration.

DSCN2875 by sc-sld, on Flickr

"If you are lucky enough to own one..." Thanks for making us lucky enough.

Green for St. Patrick's Day, too! Here's to 10 more years.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Vince.

You and Tony have made a lot of people happy.

This is my favorite of the ones you have posted. The Little Big Knife. This should become a Bose-Case collaboration.

DSCN2875 by sc-sld, on Flickr

"If you are lucky enough to own one..." Thanks for making us lucky enough.

Green for St. Patrick's Day, too! Here's to 10 more years.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Top O' the mornin' to ya' Boyz :)

New family shot. Favorite is probably the stag trapper in 440V that Vince helped me acquire. Pardon the clothesline reflection, makes sheets smell heavenly.

bosecollection1.jpg

John that's a great shot to bump this thread up with :thumbup: I'd lose my mind in the decision process

Alan,

I favor the size of single blade slipjoints in the 3.5" range. On that one the stag has nice texture, perfectly matched, 440V blade is well shaped for my uses. The swayback gent in Remington bone is also 440V and is probably next. The LC would be a contender, but probably weighs twice what the first two weigh. The teardrop in Napanoch bone is also nice, am partial to warncliffe gents. The main blade on the Texas Jack is a little stiff for my thumbnails but the walk and talk on the others is all perfect.

New family shot. Favorite is probably the stag trapper in 440V that Vince helped me acquire. Pardon the clothesline reflection, makes sheets smell

Wonderful shot Chief. Those are all just really nice. I agree though, it it were me, I would go smaller and lighter almost every time.

New family shot. Favorite is probably the stag trapper in 440V that Vince helped me acquire. Pardon the clothesline reflection, makes sheets smell heavenly.

bosecollection1.jpg

My favorite is the stag swayback gent and I don't even consider myself a "stag guy".

Alan,

I favor the size of single blade slipjoints in the 3.5" range. On that one the stag has nice texture, perfectly matched, 440V blade is well shaped for my uses. The swayback gent in Remington bone is also 440V and is probably next. The LC would be a contender, but probably weighs twice what the first two weigh. The teardrop in Napanoch bone is also nice, am partial to warncliffe gents. The main blade on the Texas Jack is a little stiff for my thumbnails but the walk and talk on the others is all perfect.
I'm window shopping. I feel like a little boy with his nose pressed up against the store window. Thanks for the post.

bosecollection1.jpg

Nice picture John, great line up of your collection. I think I have had the chance to fondle most of the folders.
Charles

bosecollection1.jpg
Great collection. the lannys clip and the single blade trapper are amazing.

Last edited:
Back