Brass or Copper PM2 Scales: Who's Got 'em?

I'm in the market for a new knife and want to get a (replacement) PM2. I've seen some that have both copper and brass scales on them and like the way they look. I know it'll add some heft to the knife, but that's ok. I really like how copper and brass, in particular, look when they've aged a bit.

If you have either copper or brass scales on your PM2, let me know. Also, if you've aged them prematurely, let me know what method you used.

Thx for any help you can offer.

its going to be your knife in the end,but be warned'the PM2 handling quality's will change to a handle heavy knife,if you don't mind that!brass and copper do tend to age nicely though,sorry i don't own ether,wish i could help hear,i really like carbon fiber because its light and strong,ideal for knife scales.

The PM2 can stand a little extra weight, IMO. I've been waiting for copper or brass scales myself... but haven't had much luck, despite knowing of a couple places that make them.

I'll be watching for recommendations

I'm not sure if that was directed toward me or the OP...but registered members cannot PM, and you're at your limit
BladeForums.com - Error
Sergeua's inbox is full. Therefore, you cannot start this conversation.

You could send him a profile message - which can be seen by all; or you can shed some messages and contact me via PM (I have profile messages effectively turned off)

I just installed Flytanium copper scales a few days ago. I bought them used with a nice patina already starting. I did have Putnum G10 scales on it but the PM2 never really grew on me. I like it much more now. Functionally the knife is no better but I think it looks really neat and I love handling it. These scales will dramatically change the weight & balance though. It is now a beast. If you like copper/brass stuff (as I obviously do) I recommend giving them a try.

_DSC4985%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsgrfxel6f.jpg

98377BA9-979C-4ED1-9D3E-BC52CA87F397_zpsv2wdiaxn.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up picking up a PM2 yesterday, the S110V version. I'll carry it a while before I get some new scales, but I'm leaning towards the brass ones. Thanks again folks.

Back