Bravo Series - The NEW Bravo Gen3 has arrived!!

Pohl Force USA

The new Gen3 Bravo has finally arrived and I wanted to give you all a 'sneak peak'! This is the smallest of the Pohl Force product offerings and makes a great all round EDC. The Gen3 Bravo comes in 4 variants and has most people covered. This is a very tough little knife ! Something that was not made public is that the new Bravo also comes in a Desert Version which I think looks pretty attractive.

Price is yet to be confirmed but I anticipate $175.00

I will have these available in the next few weeks www.pohlforceusa.com

Here are a few basic specs :

Knife length 19.5 cm / 7.67 inches
Blade length 8.3 cm / 3.26 inches
Blade thickness 3.5 mm / 0.137 inches
Overall weight 120g / 4.23 ounces

The knife blade material uses Carpenter CTS-BD1 , and there is an Outdoor Version and Survival (PVD coated).
There is also a new handle scale structure , extremely grippy and very comfortable in the hand.

Large handle scale screws allow for ease of field maintenance, the knife can be quickly be disassembled and cleaned- all you need is a quarter

The Survival and Outdoor Versions

The attractive Desert Version

Knife sits snuggly in the pocket. A strong unobtrusive clip holds firmly in place . A skull lanyard allows the knife to be removed quickly from the pocket when needed.

The line up at a glance

That is awesome. The one with the thumb disk is the one I will end up getting. That is a heck of a beefy midback lock too. I don't know why more manufacturers experiment with midback locks, they work really well and are ambidextrous as can be, lefties and righties rejoice. If only we could get one of these in D2, that would be the one for me. This is nice though.

Although not pictured the thumb disc I believe will be available for all models but I will confirm that should anything have changed. The Carpenter CTS-BD1 steel is also worth considering, its properties are not unlike D2. The fact that the new Bravo has kept the back-lock mechanism I am also happy about but for some reason the liner lock seems to be the way everyone is going. Will get a few more pics up when I have them in hand ! :thumbup:

An update - the Bravo models WITH thumb stud are in fact as pictured above, the black Survival models :upset:

Last edited:
So there will finally be a version with thumbdisk and plain edge?! (even if it's only in black)
I have 4 Bravo's at home that I never use because they either lack the thumdisk or have combo edge..
Will look into getting one of these. :)

So there will finally be a version with thumbdisk and plain edge?! (even if it's only in black)
I have 4 Bravo's at home that I never use because they either lack the thumdisk or have combo edge..
Will look into getting one of these. :)
Hi Jorismo, the new Bravo series tries to offer something for everyone, offering 4 versions goes a long way in doing that. In the US I am only offering the Black Blade versions with the option of a thumbstud, folding knives here simply do not sell well without thumbstuds. I appreciate your comments, the new Bravo Gen3 should now be available if you decide to add to your collection! :thumbup:

Back