Bstids lets hear about vegas and shot!

We missed you Tim! You too Gus...

It was just a great show (the knife show), my second best ever in fact. Met some great folks, saw some great stuff, and even sold a couple knives. And all that despite standing next to Mayo for three days... :)

Even though his wife Kathy made him behave more than he's accustomed to, Tom and I had a great time too... :)

I thought it was a good show but it is usually a mix of high end and tacticals but this time it was all tacticals. Some people say that show has always been that way but this is the first i knew it.

I thought it was a good show but it is usually a mix of high end and tacticals but this time it was all tacticals. Some people say that show has always been that way but this is the first i knew it.

Aaron, was that both shows? I know they are held at basically the same time in the same city, but I would think the knives would be quite different at the two shows.

I was talking about the knife show then. I went to the shot show and it was to big to realy get into for the time i was there. I seen a lot of stuff in a short time but i spent most of my time with CRKT

I have been doing the Vegas show since it's inception (even got a little award this year for having done all 10 shows).

As far as sales were concerned this year was my best show (by about $600).

The show was packed on Friday night (reminded me of the New York Show). Larry Gray (show promoter) did a great job with the location. The show was held in the Penthouse and when night fell you could look out the windows and see the Las Vegas Skyline.

Personally, I didn't notice alot of people wearing SHOT Show badges buying knives. There were a lot there asking some very good questions.

It was interesting to talk with Aaron at the show and then see his comments here. While he did all tactical I had a vide variety of sales. Three Damascus folders (to include one of Aarons's), Two hunters, Six tactical fixed blades, Four tactical auto's, 1 presentation fixed blade and Four tactical folders.

This was the most diverse show (sales wise) that I have ever had in Vegas.

No one with a SHOT Show or Antique Arms Show bought a knife from me. However, Im not sure how many people who did buy a knife from me were influenced to come to the Vegas Show because of the SHOT Show.

Overall the show was better attended than last year, this was influenced by the SHOT Show.

I think Larry may have hit on the right location. While the SHOT Show does move to Orlando next year (second week of Feb.). It will be back to Vegas in 2004!

I had a GREAT time! Drank beer with some old friends, drank beer with some new friends.
Lots of firsts too.. First knife show I ever had knives at, first Cuban Cigar (Thanks Larry),first time at SHOT, first time I ever left Vegas with MORE money than I came with!!!HAHA..
Also It was great finally meeting you Les! Everyone had me about scared of you.. I thought you were damn nice..:)

Take Care
Trace Rinaldi
www.thrblades.com

I thought that Vegas was great.Sold Out in about 45 Min. 15 folders.
Price range from 475 to 775.
Most of it was Tactical stuff but I did move some Pearls and Abalone knives.
I have to thank those who made it such a good show. I went to the same show last year and didnt sell a thing. a big zero.
Had a blast.
Brad

http://www.duncanknives.com/

I hade an excellent show and once again paid for my table for next year. I brought nine folders and sold six. 3 of the folders were bought by people that came for the shot show. They were repeat customers that bought from me the last time the shot show was here. I was worried about the location initially but it turned out to be one of the best parts of the whole affair. This was not my best show but it was probably only a few dollars short of being my best.

I have come to the conclusion that Tom has a serious addiction to drill presses and needs to seek psyciatric help soon or permanate damage may result :p

Les, I guess I wasn't wearing my SHOT badge on Friday night?

Sorry to louse up your statistics...but glad you had the Martin folder in your pocket.

Hi Steve,

You didn't louse up my statistics. As you wrote, you didn't have your SHOT Show badge on.

The main statistic I was wondering about was how many people were at the Las Vegas Classic, only because the SHOT Show was in town.

Obviously, this would have some bearing on the show next year. As well as 2004 when the SHOT Show returns to Vegas.

I spent around 800 $ at your desk Les, got one Terzula folder and one Lum fixed blade.

And I think I was wearing the shot show badge...but who knows - I was so overwhelmed I might have been naked and not notice it...

Great show - great time with all the guys - TR, Rob Sim, Hossom, Mayo, Larry from BladeArt and Scorpio - whom BTW - was responsible for all these fine Cuban cigars...

Spent so much money and got so many beautiful knives...

And the shot was great - lots and lots of great stuff.

Hi Blilious,

Great to see you at the show. I believe you did leave your badge somewhere else. Also, you only bought the Lum Mini-Stalker from me.

Between the SHOT and Vegas shows it can get confusing.

I do have a question for you and others?

Would you have gone to the Vegas Classic if it were a stand alone? That is to say, if the other shows weren't in town would you still have gone to the Vegas Classic?

This is slight OT but still related. I heard a rumor that at SHOT, the local authorities made all knife companies except for MOD put up all automatic knives - there were no autos to be seen. Any truth to this?

What? Les, I cant believe you sold my Lum Mini Stalker! ;)

Wish I could have made the show, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Back