Bstids lets hear about vegas and shot!

Dexter,

It was more of a NSSF decision -- since autos are for LEO and Military only legally speaking (in general). It's all about positioning the show to maximize the return for the exhibitors.

Most shows that are geared towards law enforcement and military are not very effective for either the manufacturers or attendees from the LEO/Mil audience. The shows are small and localized, and limited in scope, so many of the LEO/Mil folks swarm to SHOT hoping to catch the latest and greatest, and it can muddle the show for exhibitors, even firearm manufacturers, whose primary source of sales are still the civilian sector.

Since it's a sport related show, for retailers and wholesalers, they were keeping LEO/Mil stuff "under the hat." They were allowed to show these things "behind the curtain" to interested parties, no problem.

Best,

Brian.

Les,

I got the Terzula folder from your table - but from someone else that was attending it...or did I just pay the wrong guy and took the knife??? :D

I later got another one from Larry.... First one he made with Burgundy Micarta handles...

Two new Terzula folders - I am a happy man....

I will have to agree with you Les on your sales. The problem was i went from a price range of 450 to 500 straght to 1950 and above. The mostly tactical side comes from me not selling any of the real high end stuff witch i ususly sell at lest on there, but i went to diner with some of the higher end customers and they were saying they thought it was a mostly tactical show. Im just saying this from my point of view im glade every one if talk to did well and im not complaning I sold a lot of knives out there just not what i expected to sell.

Blilious,

You got me thinking about your comment about giving the money to the wrong person for the Terzuola.

In fact you did. You bought that knife from Bob Neal. Of course it was his knife.

Bilious,
That was an honest mistake. I've known Les and Bob for years and the only way I can tell them apart is the way they part their hair:)

Count me in as having attended the Classic because I was in town for the SHOT show--both shows were great.

Originally posted by Kit Carson
Bilious,
That was an honest mistake. I've known Les and Bob for years and the only way I can tell them apart is the way they part their hair:)

that, and the fact they change their shirts...

only problem is they change it with each other...:)

Back