Buck 110 Auto Now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay back on the 110 auto topic...

i've been playing with mine for awhile now. good solid knife, no let downs so far, but sheath is annoying me a bit. it's a user so i'm just gonna deal with it as is. haven't eyeballed it enough to make changes and try to to stop the deep scratching that occurs. any ideas from anyone on a simple fix? thanks y'all.

Would a very thin piece of leather or suede, super glued over the rivet/snap, work?

JB I think that I would put the Buck sheath on the side. I have a nice soft leather that you can have free if you like it. It has a flap with a snap. If you are interested I'll take a picture. It is in excellent condition. It is made by Carl Thomas, it has a loop belt holder.
MIKE

Last edited:
If you haven't seen the sheath it may be hard to understand the situation, it is VERY tight, much more so than a factory 110 sheath but still has the steel snap riding/scratching against the knife.

Besides adding a very thin piece of leather over the snap, another trick that has worked for me is to wet form the sheath. Tightly wrap your 110 in several layers of plastic wrap - making it slightly "thicker/larger" than its actual size, but keeping its basic shape. Soak the sheath in warm water and force the 110 into the sheath. As the sheath dries, the leather will stretch to accommodate the "larger" 110. When dry, remove the knife from the sheath, remove the plastic wrap from the knife and the fit will not be as tight. The plastic wrap also protects the knife from moisture and leather processing chemicals.

good idears everyone thank you.

Michael appreciate the generous offer, Sir. i couldn't take advantage of anyone....i wouldn't feel right. i do appreciate the help though Sir.

I'm not an auto knife guy, so I have a dump question. Do some autos have a locking mechanism to prevent accidental opening? If yes, is a lock preferred? Can locks be trusted? Just curious...

I bought 4 at the time and have knives for three and you wouldn't be taking advantage,I offered it to you because I have so many 110 sheaths something like maybe over 100 in boxes. My knives are in showcases and you put out, if anyone can help, I surly can. Please just take a look and if you refuse then I won't say anything else. I will post a picture of it.

72becbc9-b26d-420b-b089-86b8eb400ab0_zpsliy0xymy.jpg

6a90e3aa-949f-46b8-9061-9540af8dd9d6_zps0upaqkin.jpg

Last edited:
TAH Converted Bucks have a lock like a regular blade lock when the blade is open no lock when it is closed. Italian stiletto knives have a cheap push a pin lock that usually falls back when the knife is turned down the pin usually falls. I have expensive pro-tech knives and they don't have any locking mechanism.

Thanks Michael. I wasn't sure if higher end autos from companies like Spyderco, Pro-Tech, Microtech, Boker, and Benchmade had a reliable lock to prevent accidental opening.

MICHAEL5135 - Is it okay for me to post a photo of a Buck auto that has a safety lever? It's not a 110, but it's another Buck auto. I don't want to post the model or photo without your permission so I don't push this topic away from it's primary subject. Please let me know when you have an opportunity to review my request; Your Majesty. Thanks

Michael. it looks very nice and i do really appreciate this very generous offer. i sure hope i'm not coming off as ungrateful? i kinda want to play with the factory sheath and maybe get it better, you know a project for fun. i enjoy doing little projects. so thank you Sir. really appreciate it.

TAH...i prefer safeties on autos. bucks system is carry in sheath so safe in that regard. many autos without safeties have the recessed button system which i am not a fan of. i have plenty of these recessed button autos but prefer carrying with a safety or sheath setup. ive never had an opening yet, but i am just cautious by nature always have been. maybe too much so.....

There you go Jammer Six now you've been moderated. Thank You knarfeng. You were OFF TOPIC!!! Same to you MT_ Pokt.
Michael, after you spammed my thread not too long ago pretending to be your son I don't see how you can comment like this. Sorry. Back on topic.

I'll work on a sheath for the auto.

Now Looper you stick your nose where it does not belong and make accusations that have no validity. I would have done a better job than he did. I doubt if you can think your way out of a sheath. Go play with your sewing machine! Next time I see him I 'm going to tell him maybe he wasn't so wrong.

Last edited:
gentlemen please.....we can all be friendly again, can't we? we can disagree with each other occasionally, and still get along. let's not hold grudges and move forward. thanks.

JB you are right, it was all in the past and he brought it up again and did not make me happy, especially when he said that it was actually me. Now I remember it.
GUESS WHAT THIS IS.

Last edited:
Being the OP on this thread, I would lock it under the old forum software, but I cannot figure out how to lock it under the new software.

This thing has run its' course and has become some kind of pissing match which is not why I posted. It is supposed to be about the new 110 auto being available.

MT_ Pokt your the person who stuck his nose where it didn't belong! I call it as I see it. Maybe we can get back to discussing Buck Knives again. Wait a second your the one who said let the moderator decide. You can't stand on both sides of the fence.

Which Buck knife are you talking about, Michael? I haven't seen any of the knives your recent posts are discussing.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Now Looper you stick your nose where it does not belong and make accusations that have no validity. I would have done a better job than he did. I doubt if you can think your way out of a sheath. Go play with your sewing machine! Next time I see him I 'm going to tell him maybe he wasn't so wrong.
Omg. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back