Buck 347 Vantage Pro update

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some research and I've settled on the Buck 347 Vantage Pro as a general use tool knife/EDC. My question is, I've been seeing some people complain about some issues, saying there is a "new version" that has these issues fixed. Does anyone have any idea when this update took place, in terms of a year? Or are they constantly improving it every year or every couple of years?

The reason why I ask is because I'm going to buy one off Amazon, and they might have last year's or even a previous years' version, so I'm just wondering if I'll be getting the "newest updated version" or not. The Buck site is sold out currently, so no direct option for me.

As in, was there an update in 2012 (then I'd be fine off Amazon) or was it 2016 (maybe not ok on Amazon)?

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback!

(Some of the issues reported were blade knicking when closed, lining being off centre, etc. Apparently they were somewhat solved in the newer version)

The Buck Vantage Pro is a great knife. I have one and carry it frequently. But it is not Traditional.
Moving from Traditional Forum to the heart of all things Buck, the Buck Forum.

I bought the Select version a couple months ago and I have absolutely no issues with it at all. It is all I can ask for in an "affordable" EDC. I wish I could say the same with some other "Big Name" companies' knives I have also recently bought.

One thing that changed awhile ago is that now the liners are pinned together underneath the scales. This prevents you from taking the knife apart completely. I don't know if this was done to solve previous issues or just keep people from taking the knives apart. I think this happened when all the models went to having the molded plastic around the scales, regardless of scale material.

Anyway, I bought one from Amazon last year and it was a good example with no issues. I would say just go for it.

I recently bought one off that site. Very happy with it. Much more robust / heavier than I anticipated. The blade was not centered perfectly, which bothered me, even though it wasn't touching the liners. I took it apart twice, and after switching the sides the washers were on, it's now perfect. It really is a lot of knife for the money.

I recently bought one off that site. Very happy with it. Much more robust / heavier than I anticipated. The blade was not centered perfectly, which bothered me, even though it wasn't touching the liners. I took it apart twice, and after switching the sides the washers were on, it's now perfect. It really is a lot of knife for the money.

Same/only issue I've had with mine, off center ever so slightly, but definitely right up there among my favorites to edc though regardless.

Might have to try swapping the washers and see If that fixes it?

Back