Buck and Remington in today's paper.

Makael

Loving wife, kids and life.
Gold Member
20170222_212416_zpsq9avqnmm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Maybe Remington will be a vehicle for Buck to get more into the traditional style knives. I'd like to see a Buck version of the Beer Scout in 420hc. This partnership could be interesting.

Geesh, and just when I thought I had them all only to find out I'm going to have to buy more knives ...... :D

Last edited:
This is really cool - when I first heard about this I thought we would see a Buck 110 or Buck 119 with a Remington logo on it. However, this would make you think that Buck might build the Remington patterns such as Camillus used to do (sort of a 300 series in reverse). I will be following this development with interest - sure hope it enables Buck to grow profitably. OH

Hunter, that's the way I see it. If Buck is remodeling a section of their plant for these knives,--- I would think this means a different pattern or style they are not currently making. DM

Great for Buck, but not so good for Bear and Son. I was hoping B&S would be able to up their game a little with the resources from a deal like this. I could be wrong, but a lot of the recent USA Remington knives look like they were made by B&S. The single pin holding on the scales gave me that impression. Bear and Remington are both in Alabama I think?

Great for Buck, but not so good for Bear and Son. I was hoping B&S would be able to up their game a little with the resources from a deal like this. I could be wrong, but a lot of the recent USA Remington knives look like they were made by B&S. The single pin holding on the scales gave me that impression. Bear and Remington are both in Alabama I think?

Remington's plant is in North Carolina. DM

The corporate headquarters for Remington Arms is in Madison, North Carolina. They built a new production facility in Huntsville, Alabama a few years ago.

I appreciate the article mentioning "Donald Trump's presidency has renewed interest in buying American-made products." This is a win for Buck, Remington, the U.S. economy and knife lovers. I can't wait to see the knives!

The corporate headquarters for Remington Arms is in Madison, North Carolina. They built a new production facility in Huntsville, Alabama a few years ago.

I appreciate the article mentioning "Donald Trump's presidency has renewed interest in buying American-made products." This is a win for Buck, Remington, the U.S. economy and knife lovers. I can't wait to see the knives!

Agreed

Great for Buck, but not so good for Bear and Son. I was hoping B&S would be able to up their game a little with the resources from a deal like this.

That Buck got the contract instead of Bear is good news for Remington and consumers, IMO.

Imagine a r1306 pattern knife produced by Buck. This would be a dream come true.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I too would hope for some more traditional knives and while I'm at this wishing thing - some of the Remington's available in the custom shop would be awesome.

This moderator has NO inside information, some of you on the west coast know more than I do. But, let me throw out a possibility. Buck may make these Remington knives but you may not see any Buck markings on them. Just like Camillus made Buck folders with no marks and even to this day some people still think the Camillus contracted 300s were made in house by Buck. Naturally, the Buck manufacturing process will grant Remington a quality knife to sell but it may not have a single tie in on the outside to Buck. Just guessing.

300Bucks

It may come to pass, 300Bucks, that there is no clue as to Buck's involvement in the Remington knives. I know very little about how big busniess works. But in this day and age of everything being named and the dollars that go along with name recognition, the higher ups in Buck's company structure certainly would be missing a great opportunity to increase Buck's exposure. With the cost of remodeling part of the factory, I hope Buck's share of the profits is going to make it a worth while venture. Also, with the seemingly recent poor quality of Remington knives(Bear and Son), Buck has an up hill struggle to start with. Their name would go a along way in elevating Remington knives toward their previous level. IMHO, Preston

It may come to pass, 300Bucks, that there is no clue as to Buck's involvement in the Remington knives. I know very little about how big businesses work. But in this day and age of everything being named and the dollars that go along with name recognition, the higher ups in Buck's company structure certainly would be missing a great opportunity to increase Buck's exposure. With the cost of remodeling part of the factory, I hope Buck's share of the profits is going to make it a worth while venture. Also, with the seemingly recent poor quality of Remington knives(Bear and Son), Buck has an up hill struggle to start with. Their name would go a along way in elevating Remington knives toward their previous level. IMHO, Preston

I agree Preston. I was wondering/suspecting if this was the reason for the deal with Buck (the bold part). I was hoping for another American knife mfg to up their game and become a bigger player, but there is really no question that Buck is in a much better position to deliver a quality product worthy of the Remington name. Some traditional knives in some other patterns/handle materials made by Buck in the USA with the Remington name on them would be real sweet. Just like to see these folks in Alabama succeed too if its in the cards.

Before WWII Remington made some really nice knives. During the war they sold the knife business to PAL, to help with the war effort.

Remington has a lot of history compared to Buck, I'm excited for both companies. Made in America is a good thing.

This moderator has NO inside information, some of you on the west coast know more than I do. But, let me throw out a possibility. Buck may make these Remington knives but you may not see any Buck markings on them. Just like Camillus made Buck folders with no marks and even to this day some people still think the Camillus contracted 300s were made in house by Buck. Naturally, the Buck manufacturing process will grant Remington a quality knife to sell but it may not have a single tie in on the outside to Buck. Just guessing.

300Bucks
That would be fine with me as long as I'm getting a good quality knife. I don't have to have the Buck branding.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back