Buck knives in movies.

Dwight Schrute whittling a knife s5:e5

IMAG0744_zps6i1myc3c.jpg

IMAG0743_zpsqgts5y9z.jpg

Well it may have been mentioned before and I didn't go back and read all the post. Jeff Bridges in King Kong has a 110 on his belt. I haven't seen the movie since I was a teen but decided to rent it tonight.

Rent it? I own all three :D.

I'll admit. I'm a little excited about the new movie Skull Island coming in the spring. Kinda childish but Kong is my favorite movie monster. :p

I haven't heard of Skull Island. Yeah I'll admit I had childhood flash backs this week so I rented King Kong, Godzilla(1998), and Godzilla (2014). They didn't have the older Godzilla. We have the 1933 King Kong. I might pull that out tomorrow. :D

I didn't catch the episode last weekend, so I watched the rerun last night. In the S2:E9 episode of Fear The Walking Dead, "Los Muertos," I think they showed a 110 right at the start of the episode. A guy was being fed to the zombies because he got bit. When he was cleaning out his pockets, it looked like he took a 110 out. The knife can be seen a few more times throughout the episode. Did anyone else see it? Was it a 110?

I didn't catch the episode last weekend, so I watched the rerun last night. In the S2:E9 episode of Fear The Walking Dead, "Los Muertos," I think they showed a 110 right at the start of the episode. A guy was being fed to the zombies because he got bit. When he was cleaning out his pockets, it looked like he took a 110 out. The knife can be seen a few more times throughout the episode. Did anyone else see it? Was it a 110?

I noticed that too. Sure looked like a 110 to me.

Not a movie but in last Sunday's episode of Fear the Walking Dead I noticed the Luciana character is wearing a 119 or maybe a 120 on her right hip

[video=dailymotion;x22ogot]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22ogot_survivorman-s2e03-labrador_shortfilms[/video]

Amici,
Here are a few movies that feature a Buck knife:

1-Phantasm (1979) - When the young character Mike breaks into the Morning Side mortuary, he carries strapped to his leg, a Buck 124 which he uses to slice off the fingers of the dreaded Tall Man..
2-At Play In The Fields Of The Lord (1991) - The character Lewis Moon carries a Buck 110.
3-The Thing (1982) - The character Clark actually carries a Buck 112 not a 110.
4-Ruckus (1981) - The Vietnam vet Kyle Hanson carries and utilizes a Buck 110.
5-The Dukes Of Hazzard (1979-1982) - Both Bo and Luke carried the Buck 110.
6-In Search Of Bigfoot (1975) - A documentary about the search for the elusive creature filmed around Mt. Saint Helen's. One of the researchers carries and uses a mint 1960's Buck 110 throughout the film.
7-Striptease (1996) - Deme Moore's character is terrorized by her ex-husband brandishing a Buck 110 in a few scenes.
8-Vertical Limit (2000) - Chris O'Donnell's character Pete Garrett uses what appears to be a Buck 110 to cut the rope that attaches him to his father and sister which saves their lives since the last anchor is slowly detaching from a rock fissure due to extreme weight.
9-Into The Wild (2007) - The film stars Emile Hirsch as Chris McCandless who carries a blue handled Buck 110 on his belt. It is an adaptation of the 1996 non-fiction book of the same name by Jon Krakauer based on the travels of the real life SJW/vagabond wannabe Christopher McCandless who was eventually found alone and dead from starvation in an abandoned bus that was used as shelter for hunters in Denali Park, Alaska in the winter/early spring of 1992.
10-The Walking Dead (2010) - In the first episode when Rick wakes up in Morgans care, Morgan is seen towering above him brandishing a Buck 110.

If I can recall any others, I'll gladly post them for Buck posterity..

Cheers,
Serge

Saw a Buck 105 or maybe 119 in the Netflix show Zoo. I should go back and get the model but what caught my eye was the brass bolsters.

I just watched the last film with Jason statham called "mechanic" in France , we can clearly see the buck 110 he using to cut some cigarettes to hidde explosive stuff inside . it's a nice action movie .

In the superb but short-lived series, Space: Above and Beyond, the Marines of the future wear Buckmasters. Being Marines, they still refer to their knives as Kabars. I thought that was a nice touch.
Half a season, I think that lasted. If they'd given someone pointy ears and called it Star Trek: The War Before, it might still be running.

Not a movie but a TV series: in season 3, episode 9 of Longmire, Walt Longmire is attacked by the White Warrior who leaps off his horse directly onto Walt. Next, you see Walt rolling the White Warrior off of himself. He used his 110 to make the killing stab.

2006 movie on Netflix called "Karla" features Misha Collins using a Buck Knife 119.
I've had mine since 1999, great knife!

Back