Buck Sheath Thread *Post Photobucket Fall-Out*

TAH

Gold Member
The original thread, that I started two years ago, was pretty much demolished by the recent Photobucket hostage situation. :rolleyes: It was a thread that I enjoyed because I love sheaths as much as the knives that go in them. Hopefully, there are some new members who can contribute as well.

Buck offers some of the best sheaths in the business, but sometimes it's fun to change it up a bit. Let's see your custom, aftermarket, or 'modified' Buck sheaths!

Here are a few of my favorites...

47L5EHO.jpg

t4b9tdN.jpg

uf6OzaX.jpg

pjrQYEd.jpg

Does anyone want to take a guess how this sheath was modified or what it was originally? :)
TY9GScm.jpg

Loving this! :) My only custom sheath is wrapped around the 121 pictured above :D

Where do you find Jack Rudder? He does nice work! When I googled him, these popped up.

3a94850d6d4d96d596ef780a6428f758.jpg

Where do you find Jack Rudder? He does nice work! When I googled him, these popped up.

3a94850d6d4d96d596ef780a6428f758.jpg

He was here on the forum as rudderjt. Besides here, i think you have to go to southern Colorado to find him.

Practice practice practice. I think going on 1.5 years messing around with building sheaths. I learn something with every one I build. Invested in the appropriate sewing machine sped things up

Does anyone want to take a guess how this sheath was modified or what it was originally? :)
TY9GScm.jpg

I'll take a "stab" at it, TAH. It looks like an older distressed brown leather sheath that has been oiled and treated with a satin finish. Also, it appears that the Buck snap was replaced with a high quality nickel snap to match the rivets.

You nailed it, TAH! You are one knowledgeable Buck guy.

Beautiful sheaths. I must admit I'm also one who enjoys the sheaths as much as the knives. I only have the one custom Mikael gave me. Its a beauty. I'll repost it sometime once I start using a new photo host.

Thank You TAH for starting this again. I pickup knives on the bay with no sheath so I am always looking for a sheath. I also had these on the old thread.

The one in the center is a one armed bandit
o9vnavY.jpg

Some thick leather on this 112 sheath
7rntxKN.jpg

SiBWulG.jpg

Took some pictures of other sheaths I bought off the bay.

Both are for a 112.

6yRFC4u.jpg

QlVtUMm.jpg

For 110

opjH5xT.jpg

Picked this up off the bay. There seems to be a few names for this type of sheath out there. I already have one for a 110 and this one is for a 112. I wanted to have a few pictures to show how they work. The knife I have given the name "Sparky", I am glad I bought it that way and wasn't the one that received the shock.

nSk7Wu6.jpg

hmpBqD9.jpg

HPI6fB8.jpg

Back