Buck "Survival" Knife?

You enjoyed the 119. You'll like those other 2 as well. I've used mine for processing and enjoyed them. DM

This is a fun thread.
I voted for the Buck Master because I would like to have a blade for dual purpose and stout so I would worry less about breaking the blade. Fine cutting, wood cutting and a little wood wacking. The compass, hooks and other items would be a great help too if we include the accessories. The 124 was on my mind as well as a 639 with it's options.

Back from Thanksgiving travels. Hope everyone had a good one!

Welcome esa372 and ncnurseryman. Your votes have been added below. Thanks!

This thread has caused me to order a 119 off Amazon.

DDDWho, I'm feeling the fever as well. :culpability:

060 Hoodlum - 5
065 Punk - 3
070 Thug - 3
102 Woodsman - 1
103 Skinner - 1
104 Campadre Camp Knife - 1
105 Pathfinder - 1
106 Compadre Camp Axe – 1
108 Campadre Froe - 1
110 Folding Hunter - 8
112 Ranger - 1
119 Special - 7
120 General - 2
124 Frontiersman – 16
184 Buckmaster - 4
185 Buckmaster LT - 1
187 Intrepid - 1
245 MWG Navy Seal - 2
429 Selector - 1
495 Ergo Hunter - 1
620 Reaper – 3
639 Fieldmate – 1
650 Nighthawk - 1
651 Nighthawk Pigsticker– 1
863 Selkirk - 3
888 Buck/Strider – 2
SwissBuck - 2

Buck 119 made a feather stick.
[youtube]EIvMCIZOvHk[/youtube]

Buck 110 made a feather stick.
[youtube]0aj_eT-R1cs[/youtube]

Buck 119 made a feather stick.

Buck 110 made a feather stick.

Welcome Hiro. Both great knives, but you only get one. My thread, my rules. :p :)

Let me know if you have a preference and I'll add it in. :thumbup:

I think he just wanted to show us his videos. I'm surprised the M9 and Phrobis has not a vote. As these are built heavy enough to mallet. DM

Hey Mr. Who,

Did you receive your 119 and what do you think? I'm working on one right now as well - thanks to this thread. :eek:

TAH, I received my 119. It seems to be everything I expected. I think I like it better than the 120, seems a bit handier with the shorter blade. Beautiful knife.

TAH, I received my 119. It seems to be everything I expected. I think I like it better than the 120, seems a bit handier with the shorter blade. Beautiful knife.

Received my 119 too, Who. Glad I'm not the only one who makes purchases based on a thread.

I should probably purchase what I voted for, the Hoodlum. I don't think it was a requirement, but I guess it's a good enough reason to buy one. And who know when you'll find yourself in a survival situation!

nice mods on that 119. . gonna try that myself.

This new version is coming to me for Father's Day. would make a fine contender, with stronger point and in my view more useful blade shape than standard 110.

Last edited:
Back