Bushcrafter pics

Hey guys, I've been wanting to get one of these for a long time! And now that time has come(I hope). I'd love to see some pics of what you guys have, and the combinations of handle material that Fiddleback has done. Please and thank you.

This is one of my new pride and joys. The last three I have picked up have been killer. But this is the only bushcrafter. O1, tapered tang. Ancient bog oak (estimated at 6k years old if I am reading this carbon dating form correctly) yellow over black. I freakin love this thing. Pics are from my phone. Definitely don't do it justice. Planned to post some real ones soon, but your thread drew me in early.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400207018.083735.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400207027.738222.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400207036.406928.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400207018.083735.jpg

5/32" 01 tapered tang, black ash burl over black g10 with an orange g10 pinstripe. Probably my first or second favorite fiddleback. Old pic; she's much dirtier now ;)

IMG_20140417_200223_zps61e9d496.jpg

Bart - question; does your bog oak's figure change under light (I.e. chatoyance?) Curious as I've only seen blocks of the stuff, but none finished on a knife...

Man, are you guys seeing numbers instead of photos in the post? I need a picture posting tutorial. :)

wjt, teeny bit. the majority of the handle where the grain is straight no, but if you can make out those crescent curves in the handle (there are a few), they do shimmer and change as you run light across them. It's pretty wild. Crescent cats eyes! :)

Bart - question; does your bog oak's figure change under light (I.e. chatoyance?) Curious as I've only seen blocks of the stuff, but none finished on a knife...

Awesome man; yeah make sure that one is a keeper -- I'd bet that your example will be the only one we will ever see :thumbup:

Bog oak has got to be one of the coolest and most interesting handle materials.

Yup, it is staying with me..will be a hand-me-down one day i hope.:)

Need to get him some pants soon!

My contribution ..

Mircata
Box Elder Burl
Bloodwood

Same blade pattern, yet all 3 are a completely different feel in hand.

bushcrafters_x3_1.jpg

bushcrafters_x3_2.jpg

Back