Bushcrafter pics

Welll...lol, every knife except for M4's Blue Man Group, that might have caused the confusion for someone unfamiliar with us :)

I received a PM this week from Wrench77 asking me for the weight of the black Bushcrafter that I just received. It seemed like a good excuse to bump this thread.

I weighed all three of my knives for reference:

2014 0110 015 – Bushcrafter, Emerald Burlap on natural canvas with a lime green g10 pinstripe, Thick in the grip, SFT Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick 3D spalted 01 steel
Weight: 6.0 oz.

2014 0411 07 – Bushcrafter, Red burlap from Shadetree over black g10 with a white pinstripe, trinity pinout, tapered tang, convex on 5/32” spalted 01 steel, great workhorse of a knife
Weight: 5.8 oz.

2014 0627 12 – Bushcrafter with Black burlap from Shadetree over natural with white pinstripes, beautifully Tapered Tang, convex on 1/8” spalted 01 steel
Weight: 4.8 oz.

The black one definitely has the most beautifully tapered tang of any that I own. No wonder it is an ounce lighter than the other two.

Phil

Oh wow Phil,
That black & white shadetree bushcrafter is the total package :eek:; perfect spalting, whisper thin tapered tang, nice high grind... What more could one ask for! A beautiful and functional user for sure; thanks for the updated specs as well! I might just have to get a weight on mine and post a few new pics as well ;)

I'll be happy to do yhe same with my three when I can snap some shots and break out the scale. Phil, I think I'm going to need to hold that red one to evaluate small differnces in the handle contouring.....:D

Mr.Phil, all three of those are great examples! The contrast of the black burlap, natural liners & white pinstripe is a winning combination in my book. Very nice choice!

every bushcrafter pictured in this thread are terrific! Each with its own unique character.

The contrast of the black burlap, natural liners & white pinstripe is a winning combination in my book.

I had not thought of it before your comment, but this combination is sort of like the burlap version of Tuxedo.

Thanks Kevin!

Phil

Oh my, oh my. As if I wasn't already anxious enough to get my Bushcrafter, you had to post those pics, Phil! 😄

All three are incredible!

Michael

2013 1206 012 – Bushcrafter, Slate g10 over black g10 with a white g10 pinstripe, Tapered Tang, Convex on 5/32” thick 3D Spalted 01 steel
Weight: 6.3 oz.

2014 0620 15 – Bushcrafter with Ironwood over black g10 with white pinstripes, stout, SFT Tang, convex on 5/32” spalted 01 steel
Weight: 7.2 oz.

2014 0627 11 – Blueback Bushcrafter with OD Micarta over natural with white pinstripes, SFT Tang, convex on 1/8” spalted 01 steel
Weight: 5.6 oz.

_DSC1474.JPG

_DSC1470.JPG

_DSC1476.JPG

If you ever want to sell/trade that ironwood..... I'm your huckleberry!

Man, that slate 5/32 tapered synthetic bushcrafter is unreal! I would use and admire that one.

I dig the hell out of that blueback bushcrafter. She's just aching to man handled.

Great trio photos Phillip. The Slate G10 is very handsome. I am surprised that we don't see more of that material being used. Your Desert Ironwood knife is over the top gorgeous. I am still undecided about the BlueBlack models, but yours is the best looking one that I have seen yet.

That is a great idea for a photo layout. I wish that I have thought of that...:thumb up: :D

Thanks,

Phil

Had a brand new axe for the FJ roof rack just sitting there. I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

Y'all are driving me crazy with these BC pictures. This is one knife that I only have one example of, but it is a fine example I must add. I guess I better get crackin on Fridays and on the flea market.

Pastor Michael,

You are not supposed to tempt the sinners here to violate Commandment #10 to "covet anything...that belongs to your neighbor." I am strong, so keep tempting me with more photos.

Phil

Well, I promised Andy I would put out a video on each of the Fiddlebacks I have. This is probably a good place for me to post this. Kind of like announcing how much weight you want to lose publicly so you're more motivated to reach the goal.

Anywho... bushcrafters look great and are such fantastic users! I appreciate feedback on these vids so I can get better information into them in the future.

[video=youtube;W8NI2kQyvvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8NI2kQyvvg[/video]

Here is the only pic I have readily available of my bushcrafter. Though I love the white, it doesn't really keep when you actually use it :rolleyes:
102_7558.JPG

Last edited:
Back