Bushcrafter pics

That's the 3rd CPM154 I've seen. Love that beauty mark.

Here's one of my favorites in CPM-154: Desert Ironwood over black g10 w/ white pinstripe

IMG_6675_2_zps52fa6586.jpg

Gosh...not sure what happened to the pics. Love this thread. M4 your Koa BCS is such a beautiful knife. Prom, that Ironwood is gorgeous too!

As far as my Bog Oak, if I posted my collection you would find that I use 95% of my knives. Really, not one to let them sit as I always want to enjoy using them myself. However, that BC is one that I have not really used outside of a little whittling. Given it is a wee bit rarer than most, I have always been on the fence of queening vs using. Might change that though as it is such a comfortable and functional knife. But to answer your question, it is pretty much just as beautiful as it was when I received it. :eek:

Bocote w/black canvas micarta bolsters

IMG_20141223_160412_338-1_zpsmu9pftfm.jpg

Man, I love that bolstered Bushcrafter. There were two Bushcrafters in particular that were the bane of my existence this past weekend. One has the most beautiful spalting I have seen yet, and the other I fell in love with the look and feel of the handle. At one point I was trying to remember how many convenience stores I had passed recently and if at $50 a till it added up to enough to swing it :D

Bushcrafter Sr.: 5/32" TT Antique Westinghouse
Bushcrafter: 1/8" TT Sapphire burlap from ShadeTree

IMG_20150106_113930_zps332eb409.jpg

IMG_20150106_114046_zpsc1ea9339.jpg

Last edited:
I always love seeing your pics Will. Guaranteed to be some good patina. I really like that Westinghouse Sr.

Looking good Will! It is nice to have you back in the BC club again.

Phil

Thanks Phil -- I realized that I missed both profiles way too much, and the 1/8 TT is just epic!

I always love seeing your pics Will. Guaranteed to be some good patina. I really like that Westinghouse Sr.

Thanks Nathan -- the irony in the shadetree BC is that it came well used, and I restored it back to is former glory, only to get it dirty again :p. The antique Westinghouse is so so nice, I really do love the stuff!

Nice collection Rob! I wondered where that blue mango BC went. Dibs! :D

You are a BC slut!!! Awesome collection of my favorite model, I'm really jealous and impressed.

I'm reviving this thread. I'm keeping to my word and I'm making progress. Current collection shown below with the exception of one that is at the spa and one inbound on a trade. Also, the firearm thread stimulated a pic request for closeups on the Sr. BC in curly Koa that esdunbar was gracious enough to offer up.

_DSC1704.JPG

_DSC1707.JPG

_DSC1717.JPG

_DSC1714.JPG

Phil, I think you will see the change you were talking about with the angle in the last two pictures.

This is incredible brother! It may make my decision on what model I get next or at least make my decision harder.

For a long time (2 yrs?) I've known I wanted a Fiddleback Forge Bushcrafter. Actively searching and buying other Fiddlebacks since Nov 2014. There have been quite a few BC's I liked, some that I really didn't, and a few (mostly in M4Super90's collection) I lusted over. A few i was not fast enough to shark too. While waiting for that awesome BC'er I was lucky enough to shark an insane BC Sr. With a balance point directly on the first set of pins and a whisper thin taper, it is very nimble in hand.

Some further patience brought me to last Friday and a knife I could not pass up. Alas, I was not fast enough. All was not lost however, as the man that beat me to the punch brought his kindness to bear. He passed it along to me. Thank you Dedery! You are a gentleman! I truly appreciate it.

It arrived today and WOW! Beefy 3/16 goodness with perfect balance and insane looks. I never had this scale combo in mind but it just works and jumped out at me the instant I saw it. Great job putting this one together Andy & crew.

I'm not silly enough to think I'm done buying Fiddlebacks, but this was the first model I wanted and it took the longest to find. In between I've been lucky enough to pick up many other models and a few others are now on my list for the future. Yet I still feel a little like the "quest" is complete. Perhaps a bolstered burl BC Jr to complete the trio is in the future? We shall see hehe. These 2 will be staying in the collection and get used for a long while. So while they're still new, here's a couple beauty shots of them together.

Bushcrafter Sr. w/ Black bolsters over Maple burl, Trinity pinout, Tapered Tang, convex on 5/32 spalted A2 steel
Bushcrafter w/ OD green bolsters over Box Elder burl, Tapered Tang, convex on 3/16 spalted 01 steel

KBjmETF.jpg

DKQBEAL.jpg

QN7unVW.jpg

PhXd11k.jpg

Yep I'd say you scored two very stunning pieces. The Bushcrafter is my favorite model. Picked up my first BC Sr. the other day myself. Loving it!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431654882.833100.jpg

Necrolicious, glad to see you enjoying the knife as much as I thought you would. Seeing your generosity toward Ben makes me even happier knowing you've got it. Well done sir!

Now you need a BC jr. to make it a trio. :)

Back