• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Buying the latest Northwoods from KSF

paypal checkout took too long -- mine was sold right out from under me while trying to send my payment! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
To watch all the micarta hawthorns be sold in less than 5 minutes, it's like watching a watermelon get sucked through a garden hose.

Derrick, i'm not sure why you put this line in on the website: "Go ahead. Look. They are calling to you. :)" because they can no longer be seen.

before the inevitable complaints about availability.... we all need to see and acknowledge the amount of work, the hours upon hours of photography, creating website content and videos, social media posts the KSF staff does to prepare for the sale and then in a matter of minutes it's all gone!

Lastly, i know price is not be discussed, just wanted to say the prices of this run looked very reasonable. Kudos to a successful day 1 of a new knife release

Yeah; half the in-stock count had disappeared between glancing at both micarta covers, and it was sold out from under me while trying to push through Paypal. For the quantity in stock, I'm not surprised, and yes, very pleased to see it sell well.

I guess I'll just have to stalk KSF here and on social media for the next two weeks for the rest of the run. And, as my wife just reminded me, my birthday is actually two weeks from today. "Serendipity", in her words. :D

Yeah the burlap looked amazing. Got it cart jacked. Oh well, I'll try again in a couple weeks!

That was just frustrating and very sad... I was cart-jacked as well :(.

Derick nor KSF care. It's an unfortunate system where many people have the time to sit and stalk the computer to buy a handful and jack up the prices to only resale immediately... it's really unfortunate and would like to hear someone speak to the point of how these sales go. It's whatever... ;)

Nice looking knife release too btw.

I'm a little confused as to why KSF and GEC just simply produce more knives if they are popular? Satisfying supply and demand is how you make money! We want to buy so make more more more!! :)

I totally forgot about the release time and then was notified by a buddy at 3:58 i smashed micarta refresh the burlap came up first and scored one, very lucky then decided to try my luck and got cart jacked on a demin

Was able to get Giraffe #17 Clip, it's amazing how little time you have to actually look at the different colors but I feel pretty lucky. Best of luck to everyone on the next try if you missed out this time.

Derick nor KSF care. It's an unfortunate system where many people have the time to sit and stalk the computer to buy a handful and jack up the prices to only resale immediately... it's really unfortunate and would like to hear someone speak to the point of how these sales go. It's whatever... ;)

Nice looking knife release too btw.

To be fair, I noticed that they limited quantity to one (of a particular style) per person, so it's unlikely to have been people buying more than one or maybe two different ones.

Looking forward to the rest of the SFO in a couple of weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, I noticed that they limited quantity to one (of a particular style) per person, so it's unlikely to have been people buying more than one or maybe two different ones.

Looking forward to the rest of the SFO in a couple of weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that to be true. Multiple people have mentioned buying 4 and 5.

Was able to get Giraffe #17 Clip, it's amazing how little time you have to actually look at the different colors but I feel pretty lucky. Best of luck to everyone on the next try if you missed out this time.
This is an excellent point! I would have really liked to have the pictures of all available knives posted a day or two before the sale, would have made it easier to zero in on exactly what you wanted in the seconds available.

Knives from the newest run are being flipped on Ebay for more than 400 dollars. It's a disgrace.

Edit: Not blaming KSF here, it's not really their fault. It's the flippers.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused as to why KSF and GEC just simply produce more knives if they are popular? Satisfying supply and demand is how you make money! We want to buy so make more more more!! :)

Knives from the newest run are being flipped on Ebay for more than 400 dollars. It's a disgrace.

Well, if they did produce more then there wouldn't be this rarity factor that some people appear to thrive on and you wouldn't get the Flippers' Paradise. Insane prices like that are only possible when people are besotted enough to pay them. It also means the eternal reign of the Safe Queen and the death of the User - more or less :rolleyes:

Back