Off Topic by special request: Snarkalicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I should look into that. The hole required is VERY small, and it should have sharp edges for good lock-in, else you don't get any speed from the flip. I'd be willing to give it another shot. It might get more pocket time if the mod was complete.

You can certainly de-assist it without drilling the hole, but you'd better use (and believe in) the little safety lock thing. The thumb studs work fine.

In general, I don't like A/O for a couple reasons, though it can be fun to fidget with. But the leek is so thin left-to-right and spine-to-belly (on the handle) that it's hard to hold onto when the blade thwacks out. It also makes it a little harder to get your fingers out of the way when closing it one-handed, which I always do with folders. Also, I had to grind back the needle tip to more of a rigger profile to meet my 3" max limit, but I don't mind the result at all.

3" limit sux

we just passed a bill in '16 with virtually "no limits", you can carry a sword cane, dirk, dagger, SWITCHBLADE and fixed at any length... if you can carry it in your pocket or on your belt it is LEGAL...

:) happy camper:)

Work is especially sucking today. Slooooow motion.

Split some firewood for a couple hours today. Bad idea.

Current heat index is 103.

Think I'll just stay in the AC the rest of the day.:D

Split some firewood for a couple hours today. Bad idea.

Current heat index is 103.

Think I'll just stay in the AC the rest of the day.:D
Yeah, screw that. It was 94 last tuesday at the cabin, when I dug out 21 wheelbarrows full of dirt and rock. Not my idea of a good time.

Mid to high 80's here.

Hit 25 years of marriage this week. Hard to believe we've gotten that old. Took a couple of days to get away with just the wife. Only pics I came back with were of seagulls and strangers.

jvgACW8.jpg

Also, snagged this pic of a Subaru BRZ at the Subaru dealership the wife and I stopped at to get the oil changed on her Outback on the way home because the oldest son was playing a racing video game at the house.

RLHEarz.jpg

I'm starting to think I'm lucky to have made 25 years.

Congrats man. 25 years is huge. I made it 5 years with the 1st wife, and my current wife, 10 years. We'll be together until one of us passes, I have no doubt. Again, congrats.

'Sup folks? I go down for a nap and when I wake up, Dubz is red and the Beckerhead patches are already in hand. Thought I was still dreaming!

yeah time travels fast.... its sad really....

i reflect back on elders trying to tell me how fast time goes, of course then they didnt know anything and i knew it all but now im becoming one of them...
been with the wife 18 yrs, married 16 come Roctober...

Edit :eek:ops scratch that... 17yrs:)

Congrats on the anniversaries guys, upcoming or otherwise. My wife and I celebrate our 13th this coming Monday, same day as the dreaded eclipse.... We have opted to stay home this weekend and will probably go away and do something a different weekend due to the hordes that are coming to visit (destroy) my town/state. Stocking up on food, alcohol, and other fineries so we can wait out the madness in comfort.

Congrats on 25 years, DunkEm. Good stuff.
Wife and I made it to 17 in July.
Did you at least get to drive the BRZ? Fun little thing to toss around.

'Sup folks? I go down for a nap and when I wake up, Dubz is red and the Beckerhead patches are already in hand. Thought I was still dreaming!
I know, scary, eh?

Thanks y'all and I hope those of you with upcoming anniversaries have great ones.

Congrats on 25 years, DunkEm. Good stuff.
Wife and I made it to 17 in July.
Did you at least get to drive the BRZ? Fun little thing to toss around.

I did not. It was strictly an oil change visit. There is some discussion at the house as to whether my 6' 3" self would fit in it at all. But boy, it did look like it would be fun to see what it could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back