Camillus Cutlery knife giveaway!

Phil Gibbs

Cutlery Student
Platinum Member
Ladies & Gentleman;

To celebrate my 1000th post on BladeForums, as well as to consider my truly glacial 0.22 posts per day, I am celebrating with a knife giveaway!

To enter, simply post a pic that includes at least 1 Camillus Cutlery Company made knife & include why this knife is important to you.
Needless to say, as most of the knives they made did not say Camillus on them, there are a huge number of brands eligible!

I have at least 10 knives to give away!
Some are twice as old as me, but near mint; some are used with shrunken handles.
But each will be a small fragment of Camillus Cutlery Company.

Rules:

1. You must post the pic so it is visible on BladeForums, I will not click your insidious link to parts unknown.
2. Contest open to all BladeForums members & industry professionals alike.
3. Bonus points for paying members. :thumbup:
4. Double bonus points for Moderators! :D
5. A decent pic with a good story trumps all!
6. I will cover the shipping anywhere. (Sorry, planet Earth only!)
7. Contest open for entries until 12:00 Midnight, April 1st 2011
8. My contest, my rules! :p

She was a truly Great Company.
An unlikely amalgam of astonishingly talented English & German Cutlers fortified with incredible American Industry.

So, the whole world may be sliding into the proverbial abyss, but it’s a Knife Party at BladeForums!

Last edited:
Phil, I want to start this off with a picture of my two 886's and my Arclite. As originally a collector of Western knives, I am always looking for Camillus knives also. To add to the list of Camillus knives I will show a picture of my Frontier knives that I was told were Camillus made also.
100-3606.JPG

100-3716.JPG

Nice start Ed!!

Both species of 886, bonded & riveted! :thumbup:

Gentlemen, The bonded knives were indeed the first version. I beleive we decided after a few thousand handles floating in the wash tank was enough to warrant a few rivets. Don Bond

KEEP THE MEMORIES ALIVE :)

Gentlemen, The bonded knives were indeed the first version. I beleive we decided after a few thousand handles floating in the wash tank was enough to warrant a few rivets. Don Bond

KEEP THE MEMORIES ALIVE :)

Hi Don!

Thanks for confirming the history!! :thumbup:
Love to you & yours.

Phil

307110.jpg

The stockman (bottom knife) is labeled a Buck 307 but it was made by Camillus. It is my favorite stockman knife because of its size & sturdiness. Thanks for the chance.

How about more Frontiers.

100-3730.JPG

Nice work Ed!!!!

To keep things accurate :)confused:) the top & bottom knives are definitely Camillus made; the other 3 may be Imperial or Schrade made.

I am hoping some of my fellow Camillus Brothers & Sisters will show up & help me out with some of these details!

307110.jpg

The stockman (bottom knife) is labeled a Buck 307 but it was made by Camillus. It is my favorite stockman knife because of its size & sturdiness. Thanks for the chance.

Good one Stelth!!
The Camillus Factory was absolutely full of those 300 series Bucks when I started in 1979! :thumbup:

By the way, that 110 looks well used; or did someone grind in a finger groove?

Last edited:
The All American series by Camillus for Imperial. Had fun setting this up as the picture was the same size as the knives. Very sturdy knives with a very grippy handle.

IK84-AA-1.jpg

100-3651.JPG

100-3652.JPG

The All American series by Camillus for Imperial. Had fun setting this up as the picture was the same size as the knives. Very sturdy knives with a very grippy handle.

IK84-AA-1.jpg

100-3651.JPG

100-3652.JPG

Real nice Ed!!
That set will likely win you something!! :thumbup::cool:

I recall the bolster scales on the All Americans were plated zinc castings.
We had to handle them very carefully at the factory to prevent blemishing them. The lightest of polishing would reveal the copper plating underneath the chrome.
Not sure how well they held up out there; anyone carry one for a while??
I don't think we made more than just the first run of them.

Phil, I was curious as to the bolsters because they heavy. Glad to know what they are made of. The ones I have I bought off EBay and I don't see any copper on any. Have 2 AA-31, 1 AA-31 and 2 AA-51 in my collection so I will look them over.

Not sure if all the Craftsman 5" lockbacks were made by Camillus but I am sure a couple of these are Camillus made. I know the Buck was made by Buck.

100-2889.jpg

Not sure if all the Craftsman 5" lockbacks were made by Camillus but I am sure a couple of these are Camillus made. I know the Buck was made by Buck.

100-2889.jpg

4 out of 5 for Camillus is pretty good! :thumbup:

Good one Stelth!!
By the way, that 110 looks well used; or did someone grind in a finger groove?

That Buck 110 was once totally trashed. My father-in-law found it on his lawn. The lock mechanism wouldn't lock up at all. I asked if I could keep it and he gladly gave it to me. I sent it in to Buck & they fixed it up. They rebladed it and sanded out a lot of scratches but there was a divot taken out of one wooden scales so I had to file it like that to make it look a little better.

Phil,
Great little contest. I have a few Camillus but the most fun I had collecting a set of their knives is in the picture attached.
Besides getting to know Tom all the folks here and figuring out the interesting history of the Kastor and Baer families that is... :D

Americanss.jpg

Phil do you remember that our wooded tote boxes were fitted with the plastic tubes for the ALL AMERICAN SERIES. The All American knives were a gift from Imperial. Good work for us because we didn't have to polish and finish. Just assemble, rivet, sharpen and pack. The Sears soft grip knives was another story. Terrible knife to finish.:barf:

Here's a pair that i am totin' lately. The more I dig into Camillus, the more I want.
camillustrapper.jpg

By coniferwoodsman at 2011-03-16

camilluswhittler.jpg

By coniferwoodsman at 2011-03-16

The "whittler" is just like the one my Dad gave me when I was around 11, except for the shield. I lost it. I'm heartbroken to this day.

Back