Camillus Cutlery knife giveaway!

Phil,
Great little contest. I have a few Camillus but the most fun I had collecting a set of their knives is in the picture attached.
Besides getting to know Tom all the folks here and figuring out the interesting history of the Kastor and Baer families that is... :D

Americanss.jpg

Beautiful set Irv! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, although several shared the internal machanism components of knives made at Camillus, those knives were made at Imperial/Schrade!

I do remember reviewing the sample parts, but to my knowledge we never produced any.

Please try again though, there are a couple of minty Kastors in the prize stash! :cool:

Phil do you remember that our wooded tote boxes were fitted with the plastic tubes for the ALL AMERICAN SERIES. The All American knives were a gift from Imperial. Good work for us because we didn't have to polish and finish. Just assemble, rivet, sharpen and pack. The Sears soft grip knives was another story. Terrible knife to finish.:barf:

:D:DHaha!!
Blue & Yellow plastic tubes in the tote boxes!!
I ended up with a couple of those tote boxes in my pile at the auction.
I dumped the plastic tubes, but kept the boxes! :thumbup:

The All Americans were perhaps good work, but even then I questioned the durability of those bolster scales.
We had to deal with the parts like eggs. :eek:
I seriously doubt they would have worn well in a customers pocket for a few years; based on the lack of re-order, I may have been right.

Here's a pair that i am totin' lately. The more I dig into Camillus, the more I want.
camillustrapper.jpg

By coniferwoodsman at 2011-03-16

camilluswhittler.jpg

By coniferwoodsman at 2011-03-16

The "whittler" is just like the one my Dad gave me when I was around 11, except for the shield. I lost it. I'm heartbroken to this day.

I understand the feeling of loss; but take considerable sollace that it is just about certain some of the same folks made both knives!! :thumbup:

Phil, One of the reasons I love this board is the experts that are here. For years I believed my P-1 - P-VI Americans were Camillus contracts. It's good to hear they really are Imperials. Great knives. Now about the other Frontiers? How many were Camillus made? I was told most of the lock-backs were. Of course that info came from the same source as the American series. The Sears Soft Grips look like the Americans with rubber grips. Were they made at Camillus ?

So here are 3 more.. Story is that my son got the 710 and knowing I loved the wood/brass knives traded me for the Ace and King in the gambler set leaving me with a Queen and 10. Note that the 10 is a Western and the queen a Camillus.
He could have had all of them if he asked but wanted to trade with dad. All my knives come with stories. We could write a book.
Camillus-3.jpg

Last edited:
I understand that I do not real compete with collectors who are doing it for decades, but it still will participate in this.
I'm ashamed to admit it, but my first Camillus this is was Heat. I was surprised at his convenience and functionality despite the low price. So began my fascination of Camillus.
And although now it's my modest collection consists nearly 20 pieces, among which are Dominator, my first love still remains the Heat.
0_4758f_21266f6f_XL.jpg

Maybe for you will be interested anniversary Camillus US Marshal Trapper # 717
0_47bd3_87b604eb_XL.jpg

Last edited:
And another picture with the two small fixed CUDA. Although small Terzuola, near small Simonich, seems a giant :D
0_47590_f4a756cd_XL.jpg

Please tell me if you not visible my pictures

Thought I would put up a couple pictures of my "bonded" 886 to show off the scales. Also with the second picture to show off the scale shape. Love those Nickle Silver bolsters.

100-3342.JPG

100-3343.JPG

Phil, you said that the "P" series that Larry sent a picture of was made by Imperial. A guy I work with bought a AA-51 with a P-IV blade in it. If the "P" series was made by Imperial (I have 4 "P" series knives) and the All American "AA" series was made by Camillus how did this happen? Were the blades for the "P" series made by Camillus and the knife was a build out? If you want I can get the knife and post pictures because he received it last night. I was going to bid on it because of the odd combo but I already have two P-IV's.

very nice of you, and with it being camillus i'm in...
mine is a big camillus #26, 2 bladed hunter (early-mid 70's) was my grandads who passed in the early eighties, a couple years later i received this and a leather belt sheath when i was about 13 or so. My dad passed it along to me as he wasnt a knife guy. I carried it throughout highschool, lost it a few times found it just as many times and in 2006 found it in my sock drawer and "bang" i'm on bladeforums...:D
The pictures do a great job of hiding the dings, scratches, etc.
in my youth i even used the backsprings to hammer a nail:eek: a ridiculously huge slipjoint!
wouldnt part with it for the world
regards
gene
camillus26.jpg

Well, this one is important because I use it. It rides in my electrical box, and it's very handy when I'm doing any wiring.

CamillusElectricians.jpg

Of course, I do own a few more users from Camillus as well. Here's a pic from back when they were purtier.

BeckerUsers.jpg

And another picture with the two small fixed CUDA. Although small Terzuola, near small Simonich, seems a giant :D
0_47590_f4a756cd_XL.jpg

Please tell me if you not visible my pictures

Pics look GREAT Vit!

Nice selection too!!
First CUDA posted! :thumbup:

Well I just got to play too. My knife collecting centers around knives used by U.S. military pilots from WW2 thru Vietnam. But not surprising I’ve managed to pickup a few items that fall outside that specific criteria. Here’s most of what I have from Camillus.

The one of the bottom is a folding machete used by air crews in survival situations such as getting themselves out of an aircraft that had a less than perfect landing. The two knifes on the top are 5 inch knifes supplied to Army Air Force and navy pilots. Records show that Camillus provided about 60,000 of these during WW2.
DCP_1433.jpg

DCP_1435.jpg

The two styles Camillus used to mark these knives.
DCP_1365.jpg

More to follow,

Phil, One of the reasons I love this board is the experts that are here. For years I believed my P-1 - P-VI Americans were Camillus contracts. It's good to hear they really are Imperials. Great knives. Now about the other Frontiers? How many were Camillus made? I was told most of the lock-backs were. Of course that info came from the same source as the American series. The Sears Soft Grips look like the Americans with rubber grips. Were they made at Camillus ?

So here are 3 more.. Story is that my son got the 710 and knowing I loved the wood/brass knives traded me for the Ace and King in the gambler set leaving me with a Queen and 10. Note that the 10 is a Western and the queen a Camillus.
He could have had all of them if he asked but wanted to trade with dad. All my knives come with stories. We could write a book.
Camillus-3.jpg

We did the Sears Soft Grips & we made alot of Frontiers too!

Shame about the Lexan cracks on the #10; I never quite figured out why some were fine & some would shatter. :eek:

Phil, you said that the "P" series that Larry sent a picture of was made by Imperial. A guy I work with bought a AA-51 with a P-IV blade in it. If the "P" series was made by Imperial (I have 4 "P" series knives) and the All American "AA" series was made by Camillus how did this happen? Were the blades for the "P" series made by Camillus and the knife was a build out? If you want I can get the knife and post pictures because he received it last night. I was going to bid on it because of the odd combo but I already have two P-IV's.

There was a lot of Capacity sharing over the years.
Some times they shipped us parts to assemble & some times we made or processed parts for them!

very nice of you, and with it being camillus i'm in...
mine is a big camillus #26, 2 bladed hunter (early-mid 70's) was my grandads who passed in the early eighties, a couple years later i received this and a leather belt sheath when i was about 13 or so. My dad passed it along to me as he wasnt a knife guy. I carried it throughout highschool, lost it a few times found it just as many times and in 2006 found it in my sock drawer and "bang" i'm on bladeforums...:D
The pictures do a great job of hiding the dings, scratches, etc.
in my youth i even used the backsprings to hammer a nail:eek: a ridiculously huge slipjoint!
wouldnt part with it for the world
regards
gene
camillus26.jpg

Good knife, great story!

That's how it is done folks!!

Well, this one is important because I use it. It rides in my electrical box, and it's very handy when I'm doing any wiring.

CamillusElectricians.jpg

Of course, I do own a few more users from Camillus as well. Here's a pic from back when they were purtier.

BeckerUsers.jpg

Can't imagine life without a TL-29! :thumbup:
I forgot about the blue ones; is that branded Channellock?

And your Beckers.........Wow! :thumbup:
Beckers should not be Purty!
They are "Knives that work for a Living"! :D

Back