Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Sylvrfalcen

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Bushcrafter Jr.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Lil' Lady

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
I was just thinking about random things, as I often do on my way to work this morning. I was wondering if I could make it a whole year w/ the same knife on my hip/in my pocket?

I've already received a "that aint gonna happen" vote of confidence. To be honest, I'm not that confident I can do it either. But I don't know. When I got started down the Fiddleback rabbit hole I would buy 1 knife at BLADE and do it again the next year. That at least tells me that I've done it before.

If you were to attempt this, what Model would you choose?
I believe I am going to attempt this starting soon. ****

****That does not mean I wont pick up other Fiddlebacks in the meantime.

I started a Poll with the Models I currently have( added a Lil' Lady because Im gonna get one soon) & that I believe have the best shot of me sticking to them.

Does anyone else wanna give it a try???

Clarification, please.

Do you mean,

Carry one certain knife for a year?

Or

Carry only that one certain knife for a year?

Big diff, and I'm guessing the latter...?

~ P.

LOL....Back in my youthful days I carried only a case trapper..and did that for years, until I bought the next case trapper... That said I DIDN"T BUY ALL THESE DANG FIDDLEBACK BLADES FOR NUTHIN...Best of Luck to ya Bro

Clarification, please.

Do you mean,

Carry one certain knife for a year?

Or

Carry only that one certain knife for a year?

Big diff, and I'm guessing the latter...?

~ P.
I was thinking along the lines of...If the HB gets the nod, I will only carry one Hiking Buddy...my folding knife will vary. I always have "at least" 2 knives on me when I leave the house.
No. I can't do it.
Tony's out:D
Not going to happen here.
Nathan's out:D
LOL....Back in my youthful days I carried only a case trapper..and did that for years, until I bought the next case trapper... That said I DIDN"T BUY ALL THESE DANG FIDDLEBACK BLADES FOR NUTHIN...Best of Luck to ya Bro
My post in the osage/bog oak really kicked off the thinking.. "knocked the dust off" got me looking around last night & I have multiples of all the Models listed excluding the LL.

I think I like to change knives like my wife likes to change shoes. I used to carry the same knife for years but there are too many options to enjoy at this point. It is hard for me to carry the same knife for a week - a year would not work for me. The hiking buddy or lil lady would be my vote though.

Of that list I voted HB. For me it would be the Handyman or the new Pack Rat. I've been carrying one of those and really like it.

In a word "Hell no!" I have too many top favorites and like cycling out what's on my belt. Variety is the beauty of Fiddlebacks so I wouldn't limit myself even if I only owned 2.

Nonetheless, dammit Phillip!! This would have bothered me until I went through it so things got set aside for a bit. So hypothetically speaking, I'll play.

***** Warning: This might be a bit lengthy but it 'splains my personal thought process *****
***** Disclaimer: This is my personal thought process & your's is going to be different *****

Fiddleback models that I own or have owned:
Asp
Bushboot
Bushcraft Karda
Bushcrafter Jr
Bushfinger
Bushnub
Bushnub II
ED Karda Scandi
Esquire
F2
Gaucho
Handyman
Hiking Buddy
Hiking Buddy Prod Regrind
Hiking Buddy Scandi
KE Bushie
Lil Lady
Lonestar EDC
Longfellow
Minimuk
Monarch
Nessmuk
OS Karda
OS Ladyfinger
Patch
Pocket Kephart
Runt
Shank
Stubbymuk
Sylvrfalcen
Terrasaur​

Weeding them out for a 1-year carry and the contenders ...

Blade too short for a 1-year carry:
Bushcraft Karda
ED Karda Scandi
F2
Pocket Kephart
Runt
Stubbymuk​

Blade too long or Potential sheeple issue:
Asp
Bushfinger
Gaucho
KE Bushie
Longfellow
Monarch
Nessmuk
OS Ladyfinger
Shank
Terrasaur​

Just not my general preferences:
Bushcrafter Jr
Patch​

Limited use of full edge for food cutting:
Bushboot​

I'm spoiled and need a custom handle:
Hiking Buddy Prod Regrind​

Contenders for 1-year Carry:
Bushnub
Bushnub II
Esquire
Handyman
Hiking Buddy
Lil Lady
Lonestar EDC
Minimuk
OS Karda
Sylvrfalcen​

With a shorter Contenders list, here are pics and additional weeding out to the Top 3 Countdown ...

(Note: Knives are aligned and arranged based on blade cutting edge/length)

Didn't someone recently ask Guarded or Guardless? ;) Hence, ruled out due to guards:
1YrEDCGuarded-vi.jpg

The surviving guardless Contenders:
1YrEDCGuardless-vi.jpg

Top 3 Countdown ...

Getting picky on blade shape, here are the Top 3 finalists:
1YrEDCTop3-vi.jpg

The Lil Lady is superbly light, nimble and comfy & the Bushnub is a bit larger, heavier but comfy and capable. The Handyman is awesome but lies somewhere between the two so here are my Top 2 finalists:
1YrEDCTop2-vi.jpg

Although a bit larger and heavier, the Bushnub blade would win out for capability given a bit more length and cutting edge. This would be my Winner Winner:
1YrEDCWinnerWinner-vi.jpg

So there you have it! IF Phillip were to talk me into a "1-year carry just 1 Fiddleback challenge" that's the model I'd go with. Getting even pickier, I'd forego the 5/32" TT Bushnub (shown above) for a 1/8" TT Bushnub and then a 3/32" Bushnub would probably be my grail if I ever had one. Just imagine .. :eek: a 3/32" TT Bushnub!!

If you're still here thanks for entertaining me, and Phillip of course for posing the question. :) Now, hypothetically speaking what would be your choice?

One fixed blade would be really tough for me. I've carried a two blade case trapper for years in the past. I don't have a lil lady yet, which I'm holding out for the right one... that knife looks like it could possibly do it.

I would need a knife that could EDC for me and also process animals... so the full gamut.

If you're still here thanks for entertaining me, and Phillip of course for posing the question. :) Now, hypothetically speaking what would be your choice?
Interesting Jerry. Thanks for posting your thoughts behind your decisions.

I am leaning towards the early poll results, the HB or Sylvrfalcen.
The HB was my 2nd or 3rd Fiddleback. So early on it was my "only" one or two. It did many things for me while waiting for the next BLADE show.
The Sylvrfalcen is just soo cool though.

The real question is, Do I use one I currently have or get something new and start out "Fresh".
I plan on starting an Album on Fotki and uploading pics to it periodically so folks can see it in use and how it's aging.

No problem! This should be a fun challenge, but can certainly be done. I voted Hiking Buddy, but I think I'll try it with the F2 myself.

I voted for the Lil Lady and I don't even own one yet. :p

After that it would be the Hiking Buddy.

I wouldn't want to, but I suppose I could. Hiking Buddy for me. It's my most carried, so makes it the natural choice.

I voted on what you had listed. But a handyman or bushfinger would be a better choice. However this ain't happening with me.

Back