Can someone help me identify this Case?

Ive had this knife for a while. It was my dads when he was a kid, and i inherited it a while back. Ive been using it a lot because i think its an awesome knife. I wanna say its a stockman, but i figure you guys know more than i do!

here it is!
DSC_3663.jpg

DSC_3665.jpg

Next to my Mini Trapper
DSC_3670.jpg

DSC_3670.jpg

DSC_3667.jpg

Thanks guys!

Thanks! and thanks for the link!!!

Just checked the knife and there is one dot under the USA

Cherish it my friend. Its a beauty and your on the journey of a lifetime. Enjoy and Welcome

63087PE pattern stockman, brown jigged synthetic/delrin scales, and the tang stamp indicates 1979 vintage (that's the significance of the one dot, in addition to the 'CASE XX' over the 'U.S.A.'). I believe the 'PE' in the '087PE' stamped pattern number indicates the configuration using the PEn blade, as opposed to a sheepsfoot blade, also sometimes found on the '087 pattern and most standard stockman knives. Sort of a unique pattern, in that many stockman knives with pen blades usually include the sheepsfoot, and substitute the pen blade for the spey.

You might see these listed in collector's guides as a '63087SHPEN', which I assume signifies the the pen blade substitution for the sheepsfoot (the guide I'm referring to lists it as such).

Thanks so much David!!!! I never knew there was so much info stamped on the knife!

Thanks so much David!!!! I never knew there was so much info stamped on the knife!

You're very welcome. The tang & pattern stamps on Case knives are a big part of why they're so much fun to collect. Here's a link to Case's 'Case College' site, with a lot more info on tang stamps & how to interpret them to date/age a knife, patterns & associated stamps, handle materials, blade styles, etc. (see the links at the right side of that page):

http://www.wrcase.com/case_college/

Back