Carbon fiber worshipper

here is a hunter with CF bolsters

1112.jpg

/Roger

No offence to the great knives pictured, but none appear to have been used. CF always seems unnecessarily expensive to me.

CF is great on knives. Light, durable and looks really great. I've noticed that some builders are moving away from working with CF because of health concerns though.

scotchleaf: the reason the knife in my pic looks unused is that the picture was taken just prior to me shipping it out to it´s owner..

/Roger

CF is a great choice in many applications. Works great for the front fork on my titanium frame road bike and it's an excellent knife handle material. Here's one I photographed for Ty Montell:

orig.jpg

This one is mine. John Perry used the CF and titanium concept here to keep the weight down on this sweet folding hunter - It's 7 3/4 in OAL and barely weighs 4 oz..

orig.jpg

Bunch of great knives in the above posts. I've bought and used extensively several of the Benchmade and Spyderco models above. I prefer the CF edges be more rounded than is often the case, especially on a using knife. The unrounded edges are uncomfortable.

Last edited:
that limited edition sequel is making me drool. so is the gold class bali-song, regardless of the handle not containing carbon fiber. but man, what a knife!

IMG_6139.jpg

IMG_6141.jpg

Back