"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

One of the limitations of choosing new software was it had to be able to access all the old threads.

Fair point Frank :thumbsup:

Some of the things I miss are the old search function (once you'd worked out how to use it, it was really good), the ability to download PMs, and the 'Groups' function. I don't like the new smarticons, most of them don't seem to work for me. Nor do I like the way posts are now quoted. And I preferred 'Friends' to 'Followed/Followers' :rolleyes: I guess some features will not be missed by some because they didn't use them anyway, while some of the new features will appeal to others because of how they use the forum (more folks seem to use their phones these days). I certainly don't miss the software crashing all the time :thumbsup:

Congratulations to your son Gary that's an enormous accomplishment. As far as that 1st birthday of your grand baby that will be one of the most important times in your life. Sounds like a hectic but grand weekend filled with well deserved pride for you and family.

Congratulations to your son Gary that's an enormous accomplishment. As far as that 1st birthday of your grand baby that will be one of the most important times in your life. Sounds like a hectic but grand weekend filled with well deserved pride for you and family.
Thanks Randy! We're all very happy for him. Now he can start making some money!
We spend 2 days a week with our grandson. We're becoming good buddies.
I'm really glad to hear you are doing better.

Glad you are progressing nicely, Randy!
And congrats to your son, Gary - it is greatly satisfying when an offspring has notable accomplishments!

Good morning all, sounds like mixed reviews on the new software. I am one of those that don't like change so I really need to give this a chance and not just not just decide I don't like it because it's new.

They took the last of the staples out of my hand yesterday and it sure make's typing much easier. If all goes well I am scheduled tone released June 6. The first two things I want to get when I get home is a home cooked meal and a #47 Viper. (Hee Hee)
Snuck on my iPad while hiding fromth grandkids for a minute:rolleyes: that's great news Randy. Hope things keep improving.

I'm getting used to the new software too. There's still a few bugs on my end, but other then that it seems much quicker to load and navigate. Like Frank and a few others, I do miss knowing who is reading a thread when I am.

Big weekend here. My youngest son defended his dissertation this past week. We'll be at his PhD Hooding Ceremony today at Cornell U. It's my grandson's first birthday, my oldest son's 34th, and we have friends from Portland, Maine visiting. There will be a few parties....

Have a great weekend folks!
Major milestones Gary. Congrats to you!

So . . .check it out folks!
Our good friend Lyle is getting, or got (not sure of the time), MARRIED today!!:eek::):thumbsup:
His new wife is a very sweet and beautiful person with a great sense of humor!!
Nice to hear you are marrying UP, Lyle!!:D
Congratulations!! I see a wonderful future for you two!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey, congratulations Lyle, to you and the missus! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for spreading the good news Charlie :thumbsup:

Warmest wishes for a long and loving union, Lyle.

the term "old fogey" comes to mind-dunno why.
I'm having no trouble with the new forum.
Oh wait on -except that canfangled photo uploady thing. Its a darnswoggled vexation.
wilfrid-brambell.jpg

Congrats Peregrin, Lyle and good news Randy.

Nice to hear our moderators perspectives on the new site. Being relatively new here (and enjoying it immensely) I wasn't as wedded to the old system. I do like much about the new, but miss the ability to organize your watched threads into folders. (Or is that still here and I'm missing it?)

I'm getting used to the new software too. There's still a few bugs on my end, but other then that it seems much quicker to load and navigate. Like Frank and a few others, I do miss knowing who is reading a thread when I am.

Big weekend here. My youngest son defended his dissertation this past week. We'll be at his PhD Hooding Ceremony today at Cornell U. It's my grandson's first birthday, my oldest son's 34th, and we have friends from Portland, Maine visiting. There will be a few parties....

Have a great weekend folks!
Huzzah!

Good morning all, sounds like mixed reviews on the new software. I am one of those that don't like change so I really need to give this a chance and not just not just decide I don't like it because it's new.

They took the last of the staples out of my hand yesterday and it sure make's typing much easier. If all goes well I am scheduled tone released June 6. The first two things I want to get when I get home is a home cooked meal and a #47 Viper. (Hee Hee)
Huzzah!

Back