"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Jon, what type of hardware are you using. I use a desktop PC for all my forum forays and don't have those problems.

Frank I use both PC windows 10 and my phone -galaxys7
It just turned to Winter here so I think I'm probably finding problems where there aren't any to avoid thinking about chopping wood for the fire.
I am actually pressing the like button so the problem is more in my head:confused:o_O:poop: than from the forum-its working great.:):thumbsup:

Thank you Brett.:thumbsup:

I'm a dinosaur. So is "like" used all the time or in place of a reply? If I reply to someone, should I put @ before their user name? Does that give them a notification that I replied? Does quoting work the same way or is there only a notification if I use @?

supratentorial supratentorial

Yes. Like, quoting, or @ will send a notification, if they have it turned on. I use 'like' for a number of reasons that dont require a continuation of communication. Many to just show agreement.

If you reply and it links it you should not have to @

I'm a dinosaur. So is "like" used all the time or in place of a reply? If I reply to someone, should I put @ before their user name? Does that give them a notification that I replied? Does quoting work the same way or is there only a notification if I use @?

You can use "like" instead of posting a one word reply. But it does not replace posting.
If you place an "@" in front of a person's user name, the system will notify them of the post.

I seldom use either.

Max has been a faithful companion and fishing buddy for 13 years. When I
start grabbing fishing gear he has always been ready. We have known Max has been in his twilight years for a while as a result he has been on fewer fishing trips and the few have been close to home.

The last few days we have noticed he has been lethargic and coughing more, so we have kept him comfortable. Last evening when I got home from Sunday service I noticed my son had left a fishing rod on the porch. I grabbed it as I walked into the house. Max saw it and was ready to go. So without even changing out of my Sunday go to meeting clothes we headed to my pond.Max laid on the dock as I made my first cast. This bass exploded on the spinner bait. Max didn't even get up, just wagged his tail.

This morning Max was struggling for breath. So we took him for a trip to the after hours vet. It's time. We asked the Dr. to make him comfortable enough to last the rest of the day so the family could say goodbye.

Head out the window to enjoy the ride better. This is how Max likes to travel.

Tomorrow morning Max will go for one last ride. I am going to miss the old boy.

Chris

Back