"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Jack Tigger eats Rachel Ray's Nutrish for cats. And a lot of it. :D We tried Blue Wilderness but she wouldn't eat it.

Cats make excellent watchdogs.

cc4UDM.jpg

i love cats, and if it was possible id wish there was a cat that stayed tiny forever as a kitten. they say its possible with dwarf breeds but that comes at cost. also i suppose if i didnt mind picking up after a pet, id get a cat someday.
Echo is 8 years old, and only 7 1/2 pounds. I think she's part Pikachu.20170615_074240-1_resized.jpg

@Bugdoc oh man my heart breaks when looking at that photo of your two lovely friends who have now left you.

Dogs are such amazing wonderful companions- the most wonderful friends any lucky person could ask for.

I honestly love my dogs no different than family. I love nothing more than covering my old girl up at night on her bed- she snuggles her nose down so I can put the blanket right over her head lol.
Izzy has entered her last stages of life where we have had to review her pain meds a few times now- she still is very happy and That's all I want for her- the moment that changes and we can't do anything more for her to have quality of life- I will make sure I make the most painful decision of all- Like I have with my last two mates whom I still miss terribly today.

I heard a story once - feel free to scroll on if you've heard this one.

A man died and found himself walking down a road with his old dog, who had gone before him. After a while, they came to the pearly gates. The gate attendant says, "Welcome to heaven, sir! You've made it! You are welcome here, but you will have to leave your dog outside the gate, as they are not allowed inside." The man says he's not sure, he'll have to think about it, and keeps walking down the road.

A bit later, they come to another set of pearly gates, just like the first. The attendant welcomes them, and tells the man that he is free to come in. "What about my dog?" asks the man.
"Oh yes, he is welcome here, too."
"So, if this is heaven, then what is that other place up the road?"
"Oh, that," says the attendant, "we let them weed out the people we don't want."

John that's a couple of great looking cats. I read somewhere that adult cats sleep up to 16 hours a day and it looks like those two are getting it done. :cool::D

I wouldn't fancy trying to get her on my plate....:eek:

But then, I wouldn't fancy trying dog or snake either...horse is not at all bad though.

Here Pipp is defending the place from all manner of rodents- there was quite a plague before her. Now they've gone..oddly so have the snakes that used to lurk...:D and those damn Woodpeckers who enjoyed pecking holes in the house:cool:

IMG_3445.jpg

I grew up with cats, dogs, rabbits, etc. My dad is an animal nut. Im unfortunately allergic to cats now, which I find odd. Never had a issue growing up. It seems you have to have 2 cats if youre going to go that route.

John that's a couple of great looking cats. I read somewhere that adult cats sleep up to 16 hours a day and it looks like those two are getting it done. :cool::D
That pic is of the boys a while back, when they were old kittens / young adults. Brothers from the same litter, or so we assume. My wife rescued them from the side of the road together. They used to be pretty inseparable as kittens. Now they are coming up on 5 years old. Still friends most of the time, but not quite as cuddly with each other as they used to be. They tend more towards occasional wrestling matches that sometimes result in hurt feelings.

Spent some time at the tying vise this evening.

BA6D2A3D-56D9-4D15-8D74-03091B86EDFF.jpg

Nice work :thumbsup: I used to tie trout flies as a teenager, had better eyes back then! :D As well as using them myself, I sold them to a local fishing tackle shop for pocket money - and gave them to girlfriends! :D Sadly, I don't have a single one :(

The Bridge 2017 is first and foremost the celebration of a unique centennial. To understand it, one must go back to June 26th, 1917, the day when the first troop of 14,750 American soldiers landed in Saint-Nazaire. As allies, 2 million American soldiers fought alongside France in defense of the same ideals of liberty and fraternity.

The Bridge 2017 features a race from Saint-Nazaire bridge to New York Verrazano between two exceptional classes of ships:

The first one is none other than the Queen Mary 2 (she was built in St Nazaire 2002/2004)! 345 meters long and weighing over 75,000 tons, it is the last true transatlantic ocean liner! ...

The Queen Mary 2 will be challenged by the largest trimarans in the world, including those belonging to Thomas Coville (Sodebo), François Gabart (Macif), Yann Guichard (Spindrift 2) and Yves Le Blevec (Actual) among others... These multihull ships are the fastest and most powerful within the ocean racing world.

As proof of that, in 2009, Pascal Bidégorry and his crew set the world record for the longest distance traveled on a sailboat within 24 hours aboard the Banque Populaire V (renamed Spindrift 2 in 2013). They travelled the record distance of 1,460 km with an average speed of 37.84 knots (70 km/h)!
(read more : https://www.thebridge2017.com/en/)

Back