"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Do you say 'Jennel', 'Ginnel', 'Alley', 'Passage', 'Entry', 'Snicket, or 'Snickleway'?

There's also "twitchel"... but who cares?
I'm changing my name by deed poll to
Claymore "The Python" Snickleway the 4th.

:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(How do you DO that, Barrett?? :confused::eek:
I recognize the scene, and I recognize the contents of the monitors, but I don't recognize those two elements TOGETHER!!! Amazing! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:)

Just a bit of practice using a photoshop-like app on my phone. I did have to learn something new for this one, adjusting the various axes (that's axEES, the plural of "axis," not the thing you chop down trees with :D) so the flat screenshots would fit the angle of the monitors. They didn't quite come out as good as I'd have liked, but not too bad. I appreciate the compliment! :thumbsup:

Fantastic Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

Great composition, Barrett!!

Thanks guys! :D :thumbsup:

I've been brushing up on some of the differences between American and British vocabulary for our trip to England next month. I know that chips are crisps and fries are chips (except when they're fries), and that I'll likely get some strange looks if I try to order biscuits and gravy for breakfast. :D

My wife and I have been in blueberry mode for about 2 weeks now. I thought I would share this photo here showing one of my knives along with the berries. We (and other family/friends) have picked over 100 quart so far off our bushes, and there are a lot more still just ripening.
2015-tuna-valley-railsplitter-burnt-stag2.jpg

Headed out for a 5-day business trip today (driving my own car). Still trying to decide what pocket knives to take along. My first instinct is to just go with my most frequently carried knives- Case Peanut and Case Medium Stockman ('18 pattern). They are sitting on my desk. Part of me wants to take along some rarely/never-used knife just for kicks, like maybe my GEC #68 Pony Jack. I guess I can take as many as I want, but I am trying to keep it mildly reasonable. I'll be in a major US city and driving Interstates the whole way, so not like I will have to live off the land in the Siberian tundra.

I have a standard set of things I leave in the car anyway (a Leatherman multitool, a SAK Pioneer-X, a Case Sod Buster Jr, and a large modern folder) so this is just for fun. Decisions, decisions...

jc57 jc57 , John, I like driving places too. I can take whatever I want with little to no worries. Trains are pretty good too, so far. It's the plane trips that leave me scratching my head, wondering what to pack in my checked luggage. No more business trips for me though. That's one thing I don't miss much since retiring.

My wife and I have been in blueberry mode for about 2 weeks now. I thought I would share this photo here showing one of my knives along with the berries. We (and other family/friends) have picked over 100 quart so far off our bushes, and there are a lot more still just ripening.
2015-tuna-valley-railsplitter-burnt-stag2.jpg
Very nice on both accounts! I did not know that PA is a blueberry producer, but I do know that if I could have only one fruit in life it would be this diminutive blue orb. (I am grazing on locally grown BBs at this very moment as we vacation in SW MI.:D)

Peregrin Peregrin
This is only a 7-hour drive. There are no non-stops between my home and the destination, so flight-time is 3:45. If you add on travel to the airport, security check-in, then baggage claim and car rental, I figure time-wise it's a wash.

Depending on financial situation, I am somewhere between 7 years and never until retirement.

For flying, I take a small Leatherman and a SAK in the checked luggage. Good enough for most things and replaceable if lost or stolen. Not valuable enough to disappear during a luggage search.

Yorkshire pronunciation of pancake??:eek::D

:D

Just a bit of practice using a photoshop-like app on my phone. I did have to learn something new for this one, adjusting the various axes (that's axEES, the plural of "axis," not the thing you chop down trees with :D) so the flat screenshots would fit the angle of the monitors. They didn't quite come out as good as I'd have liked, but not too bad. I appreciate the compliment! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! :D :thumbsup:

I've been brushing up on some of the differences between American and British vocabulary for our trip to England next month. I know that chips are crisps and fries are chips (except when they're fries), and that I'll likely get some strange looks if I try to order biscuits and gravy for breakfast. :D

You did all that on your PHONE?! :eek: I can barely make calls on my phone! :D :thumbsup:

Good luck with the lingo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Its true i tell you.:)

Wow! That's a new one for me :) :thumbsup:

Very nice on both accounts! I did not know that PA is a blueberry producer, but I do know that if I could have only one fruit in life it would be this diminutive blue orb. (I am grazing on locally grown BBs at this very moment as we vacation in SW MI.:D)

We bought our current house in 2014, and it was formerly a orchard and blueberry nursery. We have 30 bushes that are all over 50 years old, and 8 feet high. When they start to ripen, there is literally bushels and bushels of berries ready to pick. We still have probably 2 more weeks of berry picking before it's over with.

I lived in Seattle for a time, where they have invasive Himalayan blackberries running wild everywhere. An unfortunate introduction to the Pacific NW, but the bit of silver lining is their fruit, so sweet and full of flavor we won't eat store bought blackberries. When they were in season there were a fair number of us locals who would search high and low (nobody would dare bring this into their garden for fear of their taking over) for the best and sweetest patches. Brings back some pleasant memories with our young daughters.

Very impressive "photoshoppy" skills, Barrett! :thumbsup: I used to be a firm believer in "a picture is worth a thousand words" and "the camera doesn't lie", but guys like you have turned me into quite a skeptic. :rolleyes: My wife gets quite annoyed with me whenever she shows me one of her favorite online "candid" videos and I tell her , "It's staged."

Wishing you a safe and enjoyable upcoming trip to England! :thumbsup: Gonna bring back a British clasp knife or a lambsfoot? ;)

I have a standard set of things I leave in the car anyway (a Leatherman multitool, a SAK Pioneer-X, a Case Sod Buster Jr, and a large modern folder) so this is just for fun. Decisions, decisions...
That's a lot of blades in your vehicle, John! :eek: I don't leave any knives in my car, but maybe I should. My car is in the shop today for repairs, which motivates me to ask if you remove all your cutlery if you have to leave your vehicle at a service facility.

- GT

Back