Recommendation? Carry for Leatherman Wingman

Just picked up a Leatherman Wingman at Dick's Sporting Goods for an awesome price. They had them advertised for 39.99 original and they were ten dollars off! I had been wanting one so I picked it up. Now the problem is how do I carry it. Leatherman integrated a clip into the multi tool but it would get in the way of my pocket knife. So I have looked at the sheath that leatherman had made for it and was wondering if you guys thought that was a good sheath or should I look into getting a kydex or better leather one made? Thanks for any input Knife Guy out!!!

I can't answer your question about the sheath that comes with the Wingman, I've never seen one. However I can say that I have made lots of sheaths for Wingmans, its probably the single most popular Leatherman I get requested to make a sheath for. People put those things on and don't take em off.

Yeah it seems most people don't like how the Wingman carries as it comes from factory.
It's a common complaint in forums and reviews of the tool.

The sheath is a nice option (I've used a large Victorinox leather sheath for it, or a LM Rebar nylon velcro sheath) but I've finally decided to change the clip on my Wingman for a nicer one, that carries a lot better for me, and doesn't defeat the purpose of the original design

CAM01428_zpsrrhtb9v2.jpg

I like just throwing it in my inside jacket pocket if possible. Depends on the situation though.

Just picked up a Leatherman Wingman at Dick's Sporting Goods for an awesome price. They had them advertised for 39.99 original and they were ten dollars off! I had been wanting one so I picked it up. Now the problem is how do I carry it. Leatherman integrated a clip into the multi tool but it would get in the way of my pocket knife. So I have looked at the sheath that leatherman had made for it and was wondering if you guys thought that was a good sheath or should I look into getting a kydex or better leather one made? Thanks for any input Knife Guy out!!!

American Bench craft makes a riveted leather sheath. have had it for 3 years now for my Wave and I love it. [Link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Leatherman.jpg Leatherman rear.jpg

I just happened to build a sheath for a wingman a few days ago. Donation for Wounded Veterans.

It works if this is something like you had in mind.

Paul

Back