CBSA seized a legal knife.

Do you know the name of your MP?
Have you told him in a snail mail letter that you are voting for, and financially supporting, his opponent until this gets fixed?
Have you urged everyone you know to do the same?
If not, what is your complaint? You have the tyranny you deserve.
If you have done so, you have my sincere sympathy, like the good folks who live in Kalifonia. Not that sympathy will do squat to get your stolen property back.

Maybe the CBSA just hates Ganzo's and Sanrenmu because their chinese companies who steal intellectual property. China stealing intellectual property cost just the United States economy last year alone an estimated somewhere to be in the tens, or hundreds of BILLIONS. Yes, using american designs and stuff like the mimicking the Benchmade Axis lock is stealing intellectual property. On a different note; never had a knife an issue with the CBSA holding or keeping a knife of mine. That includes multiple Benchmades, SOGs and Hinderers.
You did notice that the OP is in Canada?
You do know that telling the OP that you have not been a victim is irrelevant?

Do you know the name of your MP?
Have you told him in a snail mail letter that you are voting for, and financially supporting, his opponent until this gets fixed?
Have you urged everyone you know to do the same?
If not, what is your complaint? You have the tyranny you deserve.
If you have done so, you have my sincere sympathy, like the good folks who live in Kalifonia. Not that sympathy will do squat to get your stolen property back.

I'm in the process of appealing this decision through several different means. I was only informed of this decision less than 24 hours ago. I merely started this thread as a means of soliciting opinions and advice on how to proceed. I'm not entirely sure why you seem to have suppressed hostility toward me. I thought this was a friendly community of like-minded people who are willing to talk and give advice to one another, is it not?

Anyway, my current plan is to appeal through a written fax, as is the procedure stated by the CBSA. I know this is unlikely to yield results, but I figure it's in my best interest to at least try and play by their rules. Once that avenue is exhausted, I will proceed by notifying my MP, to see if the local press are interested, etc.

They send a follow up letter? Wow that's awesome. Can't wait for mine then. China put "1 knife" in description on mine so i got the first letter already. No wonder.
Hopefully the gate site will honour my money back if I don't get it. Free shipping lol

There is a Canadian guy who does a you-tube channel on "budget" knives, many of which are of Chinese manufacture. His advice is to buy from a Canadian retailer even if it costs considerably more up front. In the long run you at least get your knife. Of course, you only lost $30-$40, it could have been a Benchmade or "gasp" a CRK.

As far as getting the Stasi to reconsider, good luck with that.

Of course, you only lost $30-$40, it could have been a Benchmade or "gasp" a CRK.

It was actually only about $25 CAD, but the amount of money involved is not really the issue here. Sure, it would have been more frustrating to potentially lose a more expensive item, but what aggravates me is that the CBSA are quite clearly being overzealous, and possible acting illegaly, simply because they know that the vast majority of people aren't going to bother contesting the seizure of an inexpensive knife. It's the principle of the thing that bothers me. Whether the item involved is $25 or $2500, illegal seizure is illegal seizure, and people living in a democratic society shouldn't, and can't stand for that nonsense.

Ganzo:
20160302_161355_zpsp2hcn1rd.jpg

Big long Gonzo
GPXL7YEh.jpg

Doncha get your clip points in China and advertise it will ya :D

I see you like homaging your username with your words, huh?
The Ganzo G718 (in my pic) was released on January 2015, your pic's BM Crooked River was released on 2016. FWIW

Hey, I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, we live in a society that gets rattled very easily and there are those who feel that they know better than us, so they decide what is "good and what is bad", even changing the rules to suit their wants at that particular moment.

But, like I said, good luck in getting them to apply the law properly.

please dont support ganzo knives, they steal designs. i dont care where they are from and what applies to them. its you that are supporting the ripping off of other brands by buying and supporting these crooked companies.

Last edited:
please dont support ganzo knives, they steal designs. i dont care where they are from and what applies to them. its you that are supporting the ripping off of other brands by buying and supporting these crooked companies.
I'm well aware of people's opinions surrounding Ganzo, thank you.

So why come here and complain about your ripped off knives being ripped off? You must see the irony...

Why come to a discussion you have nothing to contribute toward? The topic of discussion is not the ethics of Ganzo. If you want to talk about how much they grind your gears, That's great. Make a thread about how much you hate Ganzo instead of trying to pointlessly derail someone else's discussion.

Why come to a discussion you have nothing to contribute toward? The topic of discussion is not the ethics of Ganzo. If you want to talk about how much they grind your gears, That's great. Make a thread about how much you hate Ganzo instead of trying to pointlessly derail someone else's discussion.
The topic of discussion doesn't seem to be knives either....

I would be very interested to find out how this works out for you. I've read and heard so many stories of the risks having knives shipped into Canada that I pretty much exclusively buy from Canadian dealers to avoid the hassle. Something that I would try is to call the distribution/customs center and see if you can speak with someone. Explain the situation and why you disagree with their actions in a civil way. If nothing else, this should help reinforce the fact that some customs agents interpret the rules a little too broadly. It's definitely disheartening when you look into the laws and understand you're legally allowed to own something then find out some enforcement individual doesn't agree with your rights.

Best of luck! Hope you get your point across. :)

I'm frankly not interested in your attitudes about Chinese manufacturers or your personal judgements, and that's not the subject of discussion here. If you don't have anything to contribute, move on to another thread. Thanks.
Im frankly not sure you even know who your talking to and why. Did i quote you? No i didnt. I was defending your position if you could get your finger off your defense trigger long enough to read and comprehend. Im one of if not the most relaxed here when it comes to china and even clones. So maybe hold your bs for a second if you have no idea what you are talking about.

The person i quoted was lecturing you about buying chinese knives and going off about it. I was pointing out to him that he bought knives from two other companies who have also stolen ip without permission calling out the hypocrisy of the post. But by all means keep telling me what you think you know. Either way princess when you open a thread it doesnt mean you create any rules within it or are the master of its domain. So be prepared for any and all responses. Not just the ones you want to fit your narrative.

I'm well aware of people's opinions surrounding Ganzo, thank you.

I'm frankly not interested in your attitudes about Chinese manufacturers or your personal judgements, and that's not the subject of discussion here. If you don't have anything to contribute, move on to another thread. Thanks.

I think, first off, you are missing the "forum core concept," which is that it is a place for people to express their opinions whether they match yours or not. If you want to state your opinion free from anyone else's or moderate others' opinions, that's what blogs are for. You used to be able to create one here, I don't know if that is still the case with the new host.

Secondly, as others have said, you must see the irony of your story, whether you believe Ganzo is guilty of theft or not (I believe they are.) If you think the whole Ganzo/theft thing is unreasonable or unjustified, you are as free to believe/express that as people here holding the other view are.

That said, do keep us updated on getting your knife back. Many here have had knives taken by airport security, even ones from knife companies whose claim to fame isn't "tributes."

I think, first off, you are missing the "forum core concept," which is that it is a place for people to express their opinions whether they match yours or not.

It's not that I mind people being of the opinion that Ganzo shouldn't be supported. My issue is that such concerns are completely unrelated to the topic of the thread. Whether the knife was made by Ganzo or any other manufacturer has no bearing whatsoever on the subject of inappropriate seizure by the CBSA.

It's not that I mind people being of the opinion that Ganzo shouldn't be supported. My issue is that such concerns are completely unrelated to the topic of the thread. Whether the knife was made by Ganzo or any other manufacturer has no bearing whatsoever on the subject of inappropriate seizure by the CBSA.

Maybe not...but so what? Look you got your knife taken by security. Nobody here likes that, but it's an old story. Happens all the time. "Unreasonable knife bias bad." We know. We have heard that over and over.

Let us know what, if anything, happens. That will be informative.

Honestly, until then, the interesting/novel part of your story is the whole "My steal-y Ganzo was stolen!" part. That's the dog that will hunt here. Heck, jbmonkey called it 6 minutes after you posted.

Back