CFK Knife update and company history

And what a coincidence CFK and Moorhaus both show similar logos, page layout, nearly identical descriptions, sell similar knives, and share the same Istanbul, Turkey location.

Wait, so my Paki knife collection might really be Turkish? I think I'd rather have Turkish knives. That's cool. They do make decent shotguns.

And what a coincidence CFK and Moorhaus both show similar logos, page layout, nearly identical descriptions, sell similar knives, and share the same Istanbul, Turkey location.

Thanks guys for the tip off. I try to look over the internet for imposter accounts but miss some, and this one will be removed shortly as it is undoubtedly fake.

From Facebook - About Intellectual Property - Impostor accounts

Facebook is committed to helping people and organizations protect their intellectual property rights. The Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities does not allow posting content that violates someone else’s intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
Copyright

Copyright is a legal right that seeks to protect original works of authorship (ex: books, music, film, art).

Generally, copyright protects original expression such as words or images. It does not protect facts and ideas, although it may protect the original words or images used to describe an idea. Copyright also doesn’t protect things like names, titles and slogans; however, another legal right called a trademark might protect those.

Learn more about reporting copyright violations.
Trademark

A trademark is a word, slogan, symbol or design (ex: brand name, logo) that distinguishes the products or services offered by one person, group or company from another. Generally, trademark law seeks to prevent confusion among consumers about who provides or is affiliated with a product or service.

Learn more about reporting trademark violations.
Other Issues

If you’re looking for help with something else, please review these common issues below or search the Help Center for your question:

Your going to have to do better than that, talk about deception, this is not true at all.

You must have opened some other package from another purchase on eBay becasue that is not ours...

Your packing slip must be from this guy below, based on the website link on the thread you posted.

eBay ID
black-smith-swords
(Feedback score 270)
100% positive feedback

Let's see the TO: line on that tracking label????

Lol, the irony of the CFK guy demanding proof in writing of where a product came from is quite rich indeed. The bulk of this thread has been about you providing proof of some sort of where your knives come from and you clearly avoiding those requests, to an embarrassing degree. How about this: Let's see the "From" line on a shipping label from the knives you get from "England"???? Although I have to say the last few posts by buckfynn and crufflers certainly don't look good for that prospect.

Although I have to say the last few posts by buckfynn and crufflers certainly don't look good for that prospect.

Interesting.. Is this the same Sam Wilson from Portland Oregon who is bashing CFK, when he imports cheap Chinese made steel and then makes knives out of it and says "MADE IN THE USA". Seems this forums is just about who is the biggest idiot.

Lol, I don’t know what where I buy my steel from has to do with CFK and their lack of transparency, but I will gladly tell you that I buy my steel from sources here in the U.S. None of my customers have any doubt about this and they are sent pictures every step of the way of ME doing the work, not some mystical knife shop in England or some other place.

If you want a list, I buy from New Jersey Steel Baron, Jantz, Pop’s, and Alpha Knife Supply, to name a few. If you have intentions of attempting to smear my name to take the heat off of “CFK” (if you’re not indeed one of their puppet accounts anyway), all I can say is good luck. My reputation for honesty and transparency has been painstakingly built over several years. No internet forums are going to destroy it.

And to answer your question, No, it's not the same Sam Wilson. Have any proof to share, or just a runny mouth?

Sam Wilson

Interesting.. Is this the same Sam Wilson from Portland Oregon who is bashing CFK, when he imports cheap Chinese made steel and then makes knives out of it and says "MADE IN THE USA". Seems this forums is just about who is the biggest idiot.

Even if he did import steel and then "makes knives out of it". they would definitley be "MADE IN THE USA"! Doh. Geesh.

CFK IMHO are not custom, forged, or made in the USA. I don't believe that any part of them are made in the USA. IMHO, they are shipped here complete in BULK and photographed, marketing descriptions written, posted to EBAY and shipped . In CFK's defense, that's a lot of work right there alone. That's all they do, IMHO. That's all they do. No fit, no finish done here. Just my opinion. Mystery steel, mystery origins, mystery heat treat, Vaccuum hardening? Modified D2 steel? The ones I have taken apart when I removed scales to expose tangs had real cheap hardware where the holes didn't even look tapped or threaded... just held together with cement. The screws wouldn't go back into the holes. No big deal, I just cemented them back again. That bowie is still going strong in my backyard and to chop ribs, etc... it dulls quick, but is better since I convexed it. Maybe my WorkSharp improved the heat treat.

I could be a lot more critical than I have been, except I didn't pay much for my CFK's. If I had paid $150 per blade thinking they were born and made here in the USA, I'd be pissed. My SR-101 $140 ScrapYards are much more capable with less flash, great steel, great heat treats, great handles, great company behind them, etc... they do have their own mystery steel though, but INFI has been known to perform ;)

"Current history is filled with a long list of business successes who acquired the right amount of attention and subsequently attracted criticizers, naysayers, even vehement haters. The likes of Ted Turner, Oprah, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg and on and on. When Ted Turner introduced 24-hour-a-day news, the criticizers showed up in masses. He didn't retreat (the goal of the criticizers) from getting CNN attention, instead he increased the attention on himself and CNN until the world became admirers and the haters moved to another target.

I received a great deal of attention due to a comment I made on a TV interview, "I can make successful any company, in any city in the USA, no matter the condition of the economy." I was later criticized and attacked for this claim and, rather than backing off, I increased the attention I got for it. I wrote hundreds of articles and then published four books on what companies and families must do to survive and prosper in the new economy. We then aggressively hammered social media to gain more attention using sites like The Huffington Post, business blogs, Facebook, Twitter and appearances on Fox TV, MSNBC, CNBC and others. All the while the criticizers and haters were howling from the rooftops, trying to get me to back off. The commitment to move through the criticism and continue getting attention resulted in me getting a TV show called TurnAround King.

I prepared my staff, "when the criticism comes, and it will, it is a sign we are doing the right things and we will not get smaller and back off, but instead we will increase our efforts until the criticizers become haters and are outnumbered by the admirers." One simple example of criticism was at my Twitter account, twitter@grantcardone, where I Tweet a business solution every hour. A supposed "social media expert" wrote me saying, "the #1 rule with social media is do not post too much." Notice his criticism offers no solution, only what not to do. He should be thanking me for freely giving away information once every hour, but instead he criticizes beneath the claim of rules and help.
Criticism and the Success Formula
1) Get so much attention you start to get criticism.
2) Disregard the criticism and get more attention. (Never attack the haters).
3) Criticism will increase to new levels, even lies, increasing the amount of attention again.
4) Continue getting attention, disregarding the criticism, until admiration, at which point the haters will move on to pick another target (they always do)!

The goal of criticism is almost never to actually help. When criticism does not offer a solution, it is always with the goal to reduce you and your efforts. Your success in the world is only limited by the amount of attention you can receive in the world!

Lastly, the 'haters' don't really hate you, at best they are threatened, envious and jealous. More accurately, they are being reminded of their inferior products and unwillingness to take the right amount of action to make their own projects successful! The little thinkers and doers come screaming from every crack and crevice the moment anyone starts to get attention for their projects and succeed! Negative responses are so predictable that you should actually use it as an indicator that you are starting to get the right amount of attention.

"Little thinkers and little doers criticize in an effort to keep bigger thinkers and bigger doers small."

Grant Cardone, New York Times Best-Selling Author.

Lastly, the 'haters' don't really hate you, at best they are threatened, envious and jealous. More accurately, they are being reminded of their inferior products and unwillingness to take the right amount of action to make their own projects successful! The little thinkers and doers come screaming from every crack and crevice the moment anyone starts to get attention for their projects and succeed! Negative responses are so predictable that you should actually use it as an indicator that you are starting to get the right amount of attention.

I don't have a product at all. I collect knives. All different makes and models and types. CFK would be right up my alley price-wise and unique-ness-wise if they were actually what they first appeared to be at first glance, but it is a lie. Does Grant have anything to say about liars? Heh. Nothing you would quote I bet.

Believe it or not, I see that side of it. My first instinct was to watch as CFk knives made other makers squirm (when I thought naively that they could possibly be telling the truth about everything). I don't buy it now. Simple as that.

if they were actually what they first appeared to be at first glance, but it is a lie. (and unwillingness to take the right amount of action to make their own projects successful!)

Again the insinuation that CFK and their knife product is a "lie" is your opinion. You have no facts either and none of the other haters in here have any FACTS, only opinion "dressed as facts" due to CFK not sharing all their sources.

And per the CFK website it states the knives are made in the UK now and the USA came off the blade and in the spot where the USA was is now D2 (the tool steel used in their blades).

Only a few of their knives have USA on them anymore, from looking over eBay and Amazon. Their knives are handmade, so the manufacturing location could have changed.

"Criticism and the Success Formula

1) Get so much attention you start to get criticism.
 This has happened to CFK.
2) Disregard the criticism and get more attention. (Never attack the haters).
 The CEO, never attacks back as you can see.
3) Criticism will increase to new levels, even lies, increasing the amount of attention again.
 This is happening on this thread, as none of the members have any facts.
4) Continue getting attention, disregarding the criticism, until admiration, at which point the haters will move on to pick another target (they always do)! This is starting to happen all over due to their increased sales on multiple websites.

The main thing I see here in #3. You all have lied so many times now you think it is true. LOL

"Charlie Rollie" posts exclusively in defense of CFK. Draw your own conclusions about who it is. :rolleyes:

The CEO of CFK, who "never attacks back," attacked BladeForums as "terrorists." :D

"Charlie Rollie" posts exclusively in defense of CFK. Draw your own conclusions about who it is.

This forum originally began as a positive thread on CFK from Last Ditch. Until you came along and spread lies in it with your 2 other trolls. I personally love CFK's knives and their prices as did Ditch.

Yet you specially seem to be the henchman of the hate campaigns. Your the George Soros of this forum, your a bigger liar than CFK. No one cares anymore what you have to say. It's all bad anyway. Lmao

Oh. A "bigger liar than CFK"? Be sure to set a high standard. :rolleyes:

Point out the lies, please. Mostly I have quoted CFK and its representatives like yourself. I have also reported what one other person has posted in this thread about seeing a CFK knife on a workbench in Pakistan and pointed out the document already posted showing a Pakistani address on part of the packing on another CFK knife.

As always, we simply await evidence of what you have claimed as to the origin of CFK and iPak knives - but have never supported other than with words.

Somehow, you don't seem to be laughing, asses off or otherwise, but that's only an opinion.

But as you don't "care," you will doubtless not post further.

Last edited:
Again the insinuation that CFK and their knife product is a "lie" is your opinion. You have no facts either and none of the other haters in here have any FACTS, only opinion "dressed as facts"

You can say they are just opinions, and I have clearly stated they are my opinions even though that is obviously understood on an internet forum, unless you are clueless. Everyone can read the posts if they are interested and form their own opinions, however similar or unique to anyone elses about CFK and where the knives come from. However, if you assume they are a for-profit business, there has to be some of the following in play: slave labor, cheap materials and cost cutting (i.e. truck leaf springs, pot metal, mystery steel, crap hardware, crap third world workshop, etc...) and LIES LIES LIES. All IMHO. Not BLACK PROPAGANDA nor BF terrorism. Just common sense mixed with actual experience with CFK and actually owning eight or twelve of the CFK and IPAK knives.

Taking a look at the one I tested most, you see that CFK's factory produces knock-offs in questionable D2 steel with obviously zero understanding of knife features and designs. The TOPS PRATHER BOWIE copy was $50 and it is a complete knock off except for the sharpening choil that is too far back behind the grind as to be useless. There are many like that. Someone who actually knows knives would see things like this and have a real good laugh - especially if they read things that you have said about others producing "inferior products". Just typing that makes me LOL at you.

You seem to be frothing. Calm down. No one wants to smear CFK. We just want to know the truth. IMHO (YEP my opinion again) we already got the truth by deducing it all. Not exactly rocket science. Just experience, observation, math and common sense.

I was going through an old photobucket folder looking for CFK pics with the sharpening choil that the "designer" or "artisan" or "slave laborer" failed to understand... so I copied a bunch of links. These are my actual knives paid for with my money. Not stock photos or BS. I actually collected these. So if I bash them I am bashing MY COLLECTION. Having some of these I would tell you that I wouldn't buy more. I can also say there is no resale value in these like other brands and makers I collect. Also, the story and marketing is a fairy tale. Other than that, do what you like. I find them nice to look at sometimes if not a bit crude and uncomfortable to actually use. Just IMHO, Charlie :)

This thread needs more PICS! Let's see your CFK's guys. Check out the sharpening choils location relative to the grind on the Prather copy and the chopper with the red handle. Sorry if there are random pics of other awesome knives in there. Let's just say they are for "scale".

Sorely disappointing.

I was set to purchase a CFK knife, and did a quick Google search to find out more about the company. After reading all the posts here, I'm holding off on ever buying one of their products until proof is offered. Too many red flags for me to be comfortable.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope one of these representatives of CFK proves all their "haters" wrong. I'll be happy to have been wrong and likely buy from them immediately.

But I'm not gonna hold my breathe either. The responses from them on this thread and many others never directly address the issue(s).

I know they don't need my business, but I hope over time more folks will come to the same conclusion. Either prove the source of your knives or come clean. Ball is in your court.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Back