Changbat Talon II

Gus Kalanzis

Havin' fun, learning and putting up with Bastid.
Staff member
Super Mod
In case any body missed it in Whine and Cheese
tongue.gif

I'll rotate stuff in and out of here just thought I would start off with this one.

First my dealings with the maker:
Chang's communication and willingness to work with a customer were second to none in my experience. He was a pleasure to work with.

(My only complaints along these lines have to do with the forged postage stamps with the meticulously drawn rebel flags on them and the last line on the address which was CSA (Confederate States of America) (see picture below). After opening the mailbox and seeing this, I had a very difficult time making it back to the house laughing and walking up the driveway at the same time. My neighbors whom I was previously very close with now avoid me at all cost.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The only problem is that since then my mail only comes once a week and it smells kinda funny.
eek.gif

The Knife:
Construction.The first thing that struck me was the total absence of screws in the construction. The handle is very solid and smooth the pins are impossible to see with the unaided eye. Chang has added extra touches of color to the edges of the handle. (My guess here is that it is blue and red Magic Marker anodized on the edges of the handle material.)

The touches of color along with the MircoChang logo which is very distinctive add a tasteful touch of class to the otherwise utilitarian handle. Any more embellishment would have been gaudy, any less and the knife would be lacking.

The Blade:
This is a beautiful two toned blade with etching on both sides. On the logo side we find MicroChang E.S. Chang #1/4. This side of the blade looks as if it has been heat colored to the same tone of the handle material.

The other side of the blade is etched with CHANGBAT TALON IIand has a very unique white coating applied to it. The white is a little bit reflective so this particular model may not be suitable for ninja operatives.
tongue.gif

I have not had a chance to use and test the blade yet, but I feel it will be a high performer for its intended purposes.

The Action
This knife opens via a light flick of the wrist and almost locks with a solid thud. The action is quite smooth and reliable and the resulting sound is quite intimidating.

Well done Comrade Chang. Thank You!

View

------------------
" Life is too short to carry an ugly knife." Steve F.

Simply fantastic!!!! I do hope he gets a factory collaboration for this knife, so that it will be affordable to us common folks.

------------------
Richard
icq 61363141
Just some knife pictures
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=110070&a=4518795
UPDATED and REVISED

Dang, C. Chang COULD have used a BIGGER piece of cardboard steel for the knife blade, as it looks a little puny...(At least compared to the size of the "body" of the knife...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Back