Chat! Stop By and Say Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voicemail or Virtual Machine?

The last two and a half hours at work are going at a crawl, crew. The weekend is almost here, and along with that the prospects of pumpkin beer and rainy-weather sleeping-in.

I'm dyin' here. D, hit us up some photos when you can! Of whatever knife related, shop, cleanup, a bucket of steel dust.. the wall of knives.. hmmmm yeah that's it...

hope everyone is doing "well".

Thanks for the warm welcome all. Yeah, I think one of the Kiridashi blades is in order here. Do you announce here before you are going to post them in the sale area? I know limited runs go fast. How bout a wait list....with me somewhere near the top of course? ;):D

TD, your best bet is to show up for roll call every morning, things pop up and disappear pretty quick around here! Also, check out the DFK store in Daniels link. Roll call is every morning, but no one knows exactly what time lol! Daniel currently isn't accepting lists or orders (unless things have changed...) due to his high demand and commitment to excellence! Most of us check in here multiple times a day, always looking for new deals and such, but also because many of us have become friends and homies over the years, its a pretty cool bunch around here. Except for that Rolf fella, he's a little off...;) :D :p

Afternoon fellas! All I can say is that I am very impressed with my new Leica! It is so smooth, quiet, and optically amazing! The color, contrast, and distortion free optics really are everything they're cracked up to be! Don't know if I will ever have the extra $2K for another lens, but its a dream, lol!

-X

Who just scored a DF kiradashi??

I did!:D
I don't have much fixed blades but this is one bad@ss knife fo sho!! If you don't have one from Daniel yet, you need get one!!! Here a pic that I took from work, sorry for the poor quality.:p
20131011_143512_zps6503595f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

COOL! Congratz, Ben!
I so want one. Red. :)
Thanks for the pic!
Daniel- Please take a pic of the bucket 'O metal. :D

Thanks Rolf.
The knife is much better in person and the overall size is very EDC friendly.

Guys, more news from Mike (Bigcountry1315) about his wife Tina...

She has Adno Carcinoma. Its a 2cm tumor that the docs do not believe has spread, thankfully. Treatment will be Chemo and Radiation for 5-6 weeks, then 4-6 weeks R&R before surgery to remove the tumor. Again, they will have to stay out of state for a little bit and won't have access to the forums. A big double dose of smoke and hope would be greatly appreciated from all! (All this posted at the request of, and, with explicit permission from Mike, fyi)

-Xander

Last edited:
TD, your best bet is to show up for roll call every morning, things pop up and disappear pretty quick around here! Also, check out the DFK store in Daniels link. Roll call is every morning, but no one knows exactly what time lol! Daniel currently isn't accepting lists or orders (unless things have changed...) due to his high demand and commitment to excellence! Most of us check in here multiple times a day, always looking for new deals and such, but also because many of us have become friends and homies over the years, its a pretty cool bunch around here. Except for that Rolf fella, he's a little off...;) :D :p

Afternoon fellas! All I can say is that I am very impressed with my new Leica! It is so smooth, quiet, and optically amazing! The color, contrast, and distortion free optics really are everything they're cracked up to be! Don't know if I will ever have the extra $2K for another lens, but its a dream, lol!

-X

I figured it was something like that. I've never purchased from a custom maker before, so I just thought I'd ask. I'm fully prepared to give up the cash NOW though (while I got it)

Incidentally, I'm not a camera guy either, having only heard of a Leica from a certain Hollywood movie, in which, the character indicated they are very expensive and.......according to the movie if you take into a camera shop in Amsterdam it comes with a free hummer (not the vehicle, LOL) and an armed robbery/mugging. haha

[video=youtube;AFutocP_OSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFutocP_OSg[/video]

Thanks for the warm welcome all. Yeah, I think one of the Kiridashi blades is in order here. Do you announce here before you are going to post them in the sale area? I know limited runs go fast. How bout a wait list....with me somewhere near the top of course? ;):D
:D hang around and we'll make it happen!

-X

Thanks Xander! You called it dude...

The camera sounds incredible! My father in law developed film for a living and was impressed.

I did!:D
I don't have much fixed blades but this is one bad@ss knife fo sho!! If you don't have one from Daniel yet, you need get one!!! Here a pic that I took from work, sorry for the poor quality.:p
20131011_143512_zps6503595f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That rocks! Enjoy!

COOL! Congratz, Ben!
I so want one. Red. :)
Thanks for the pic!
Daniel- Please take a pic of the bucket 'O metal. :D

Will do! lol

I have had family in and we are getting lots done around here... I have needed a hand for a while now. Most of my time is in the shop so we need pics!

Thanks Rolf.
The knife is much better in person and the overall size is very EDC friendly.

Cool, thanks! Knife pics are hard...

Those 'dashis are literally solid all the way through (besides a few) and they are tough as heck. Heavy duty...

cha! :)
I have heard nothing but good things about this DF pos. :D
:D

Guys, more news from Mike (Bigcountry1315) about his wife Tina...

She has Adno Carcinoma. Its a 2cm tumor that the docs do not believe has spread, thankfully. Treatment will be Chemo and Radiation for 5-6 weeks, then 4-6 weeks R&R before surgery to remove the tumor. Again, they will have to stay out of state for a little bit and won't have access to the forums. A big double dose of smoke and hope would be greatly appreciated from all! (All this posted at the request of, and, with explicit permission from Mike, fyi)

-Xander
Thanks for the update, smoke sent. We're thinking of you both.

Evening all. That is all.
Hey hey hey!

I figured it was something like that. I've never purchased from a custom maker before, so I just thought I'd ask. I'm fully prepared to give up the cash NOW though (while I got it)

Incidentally, I'm not a camera guy either, having only heard of a Leica from a certain Hollywood movie, in which, the character indicated they are very expensive and.......according to the movie if you take into a camera shop in Amsterdam it comes with a free hummer (not the vehicle, LOL) and an armed robbery/mugging. haha

Hey thanks again! I'll have a decent group of 'dashis going just to let you know, 16 just started!

Hummer... I like when Borat goes to the Hummer dealer and asks if they have the "chick magnet" installed and if he can see it :D

Morning guys!

Morning men!

I found a video of Kevin floating around the net! Not many people know that Russian Opera singing is Kevins favorite hobby, he's got one hell of a set of pipes...:D:D

[Youtube]UVTVdRAooe4[/youtube]

-X

Vicious lies Rolf! Knives are the CURE for insanity. And I'm qualified to know. ;)

Morning everyone else!

Morning men!

I found a video of Kevin floating around the net! Not many people know that Russian Opera singing is Kevins favorite hobby, he's got one hell of a set of pipes...:D:D

[Youtube]UVTVdRAooe4[/youtube]

-X
LIES! Russian opera is not my favorite hobby:D
Good morning y'all . Happy weekend !
More, a LOT more well wishes for Mike and Tina.

Whoah The Kev can hit those high notes! I like the accordion player, is that an executioners mask? lmao!

that high note part just isn't right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back