Chat! Stop By and Say Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an interesting new frikky today, made with 1095 and an old skateboard deck for scales. Too cool!

Can't wait to see that next frikky Dan.

Also, I dunno Mike or his wife, but hey, prayers for someone in need I can do.

Cheers, and have a good night y'all!

Yeah, I saw those. Cool concept.

You sure are on a frikky kick lately!

Me? I've got two cameras being delivered this week :D. Only downside, I have to buy more film, and now get set up for developing my own negatives, oh darn :p

-X

Evening guys.

I just heard from our friend Bigcountry1315, and without specifics, he and his wife could use all of our thoughts and prayers. They will be travelling and away from the computer, so please try not to inundate them with PM's and emails. Let's all send some smoke to the heavens for Mike and his wife!

-Xander

Smoke sent to Mike and his wife... we're thinking of you both.

- Daniel and Sara

Skateboard fricky... sounds cool!

Mine are made from recycled planes. :D seriously!

Anyone ever change the head gasket on a 351 Cleveland? I might... going to do a compression test on my '62 first.

Up early here, coffee thirty!

Pics soon as I'm close on lots of knives...

We are expecting snow tomorrow and have been busy all around, Winter is nearly here. There is new snow just down the road, my in-laws are staying 10 miles North of us (at 8500 feet or so) and have already seen some... it is sticking on the mountains above them too. Wow!

...saw a Moose in the yard the other day! Scariest thing imaginable. lol it was the size of a cow and literally plowed everything down in it's path like a tank! I'd rather fight a Bear if I had too! :D

It will be a nice day today! usually I have the fire going around now...

You guys have a good one!

Prayers...
Go Daniel! Very cool on the Moose!
Make it a good one, DFK Gang!!
rolf

Prayers...
Go Daniel! Very cool on the Moose!
Make it a good one, DFK Gang!!
rolf

I had never seen a moose here before and first thought, whoah that is one serious elk! The horns threw me off as I thought all Moose has the "webbed" horns.

Have a good one Rolf!

Moose! Quite the animal, aren't they?!

Snow? I'm still enjoying the late summer weather here, sunny 70* and just the slightest chill in the air overnight.

-X

Moose! Quite the animal, aren't they?!

Snow? I'm still enjoying the late summer weather here, sunny 70* and just the slightest chill in the air overnight.

-X

It was impressive!

This it was warm until late so this cold surprises me... it does seem to freeze ever year right around this time though.

It's 75 right now down the road in Farmington, NM and 46 in Silverton north of here.

Good morning!

Smoke sent.
Snow already? We are still in 70s and 80s here. ^^
Moose is huge, right? Never seen one in person.
Can't wait to see some pix of your new work!
Have a good day guys!!

Not many moose in SoCal! Think of a Belgian draft horse, add another 12" of height at the shoulder and put a couple satelite dishes on its head. Big animals!

Guys, just want to let everyone know that Mike and his wife Tina are very grateful for the well wishes! They will be needed for some time to come, so please keep them in your thoughts.

-X

Nothing but the best wishes for bigcountry and the family!

On another note, I've been on the lookout for an Emerson Persian for a while now and they've been really scarce since they were discontinued again. I've posted WTB threads on every knife forum I belong to, but no dice. Over the weekend however, a couple of people messaged me and one of them is a prestige dealer who said that he had one left. The other guy gave me a link that I checked out and BAM! I got a followup email yesterday that my Persians (that's right, plural, because I couldn't decide between the black or satin blade) have been shipped! So stoked!

Good morning y'all
First, Best of wishes to Big and his lady!
second , Every time I hear the word moose it makes me think of Moosehead beer and my new wave cousin poppin' the caps off on the trailer hitch of his VW rabbbit.That's right I said trailer hitch on a VW rabbit :D I'm not sure what he thought he was going to tow with that thing :confused:
Daniel, be careful. I hear that moose kill more people than bears. They get all kinds of crazy when it is time to get freaky lol
Sbakker, I had a dream about a fricky last night.If I can pull it off it will be awesome. Also, a very nice BF member gifted me a Higrokami.Those things are amazingly cool knives. I am pretty impressed with that Blue paper steel.
Gooey, Two Persians? You crazy!:D I'm glad you found 'em :thumbup:
Everyone have a killer day!

Never mind.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381346912.540628.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381346912.540628.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
One new camera is here! WooHoo! The other one came today as well, but I was at the park taking pics and they didn't leave it, so gotta head over to the PO to pick it up.

Yashica-Mat 124G!

CameraEffects_zps6974b061.jpg

Gonna clean this thing up a bit and then order my chemistry for developing the film. It will be interesting having 6cmx6cm negatives rather than the tiny little 24mmx36mm negatives of 135 film!

-Xander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back