• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Chris Williams knife tried to rip me off for $5,150

After four months of harassment and veiled threats which turned into literal threats he decided to include my wife in his verbal attack. He then proceeded to threaten my business, call and harass my place of business at which point I crossed a line. I'm not perfect and I regret it but t after someone's innocent family member and livelihood. I'm sure this isn't the explanation everyone deserves but I don't want to repeat and hurt anyone out there. I'm trying to be honest and admit my mistake. I'm not perfect and I am flawed. I want to be accountable for my actions.

I can only imagine how hard it is NOT to react after someone threatens you like this.

Someday this guy will be held accountable, and the knife community will get a good laugh.

The other day Chris was sending me threats and he wanted to include his grandmother in the arguement for whatever reason, I have my theory but I reacted and had something to say about it. This man is a pathological liar and I knew he was so I didn't believe what he told me. This is a direct message to him, you know what I do for a living and I've done my digging. I just found out that you weren't lying. I want to let it be known that I'm sorry for what I said, I will pray for her and your family members as well. This has taught me a very important lesson in life that I will never forget. Understand all is fair in love in war. Don't start wars with people and if you do expect to be wounded.[/QUOTE]

^ This post alone, truly defines your character. :) :thumbsup: Not too many people would be able to stop and do this type of introspection on this type of ugly situation, and still be able to maintain this type of humanity & kindness. I'm really glad you came on here and shared this experience with us, because there's a lot to be learned from this lesson, and more importantly, the way you've proceeded in handling it.

After four months of harassment and veiled threats which turned into literal threats he decided to include my wife in his verbal attack. He then proceeded to threaten my business, call and harass my place of business at which point I crossed a line. I'm not perfect and I regret it but t after someone's innocent family member and livelihood. I'm sure this isn't the explanation everyone deserves but I don't want to repeat and hurt anyone out there. I'm trying to be honest and admit my mistake. I'm not perfect and I am flawed. I want to be accountable for my actions.

^ I can't imagine how challenging this must be for you, to remain level headed, especially in light of the threats Chris Williams made against you, and even worse- your family! :mad: I think that most of us here would be thinking about going on the offensive...and vigilante type justice, had he done this to our family. I hope that his despicable/criminal actions, towards you (& I wonder how many others he's done this to), will lead to the demise of: "Williams Knives!" :thumbsdown:

Answered your PM.

This whole thing sounds like a mess from what I read.

I would contact local law enforcement about the threats, the IRS, the BBB, and perhaps the AG and if it's across state lines the FBI.

And hire a GOOD Reputable LAWFIRM that deals with these types of situations, they can advise you on what to do etc. Take this advice 1st off if you want things to end well. I understand Lawyers are not cheap, but this isn't just about the money at this point from what I read.

^ Excellent advice! I mainly thought of you, Jim, because of your vast metallurgy knowledge. I was thinking that perhaps you could test some of the knives that Damage 109 purchased from Chris Williams, & let us know which types steels are used in the junk he's been selling.

I can only imagine how hard it is NOT to react after someone threatens you like this.

Someday this guy will be held accountable, and the knife community will get a good laugh.

^ +1 on this! :thumbsup:
I hope that "someday," is right around the corner!

The blades would have to be lab tested for alloy content, grain structure etc to keep things above board and honest (legal).

The knives would be sacrificed however in the process.

Last edited:
The blades would have to be lab tested for alloy content, grain structure etc to keep things above board and honest (legal).

The knives would be sacrificed however in the process.

^ Somehow Jim, I don't think that these Chris Williams "junk knives," hold any sentimental or monetary value, to the OP! ;)

That's up to him and the Lawyer to choose what they want and or need I suppose.

I'm also Brazilian resident, and here now. Went to the local clinic that we use for mental heath certifications. Gave the link to our local Psychologist to read. He said that CW exhibits some signs of what the medical community calls "Sociopathic" behavior. It may be a helpful fact to consider, in your ongoing investigations, and legal actions.

That day will be coming real soon, I'm working on some things behind the scenes and when the time is right we will all be laughing!

Answered your PM.

This whole thing sounds like a mess from what I read.

I would contact local law enforcement about the threats, the IRS, the BBB, and perhaps the AG and if it's across state lines the FBI.

And hire a GOOD Reputable LAWFIRM that deals with these types of situations, they can advise you on what to do etc. Take this advice 1st off if you want things to end well. I understand Lawyers are not cheap, but this isn't just about the money at this point from what I read.

I have done many of the things you have recommended and we have a permanent restraining order against him! I will look into the AG as I haven't thought of that yet... Thank you! I will now answer your pm here on the forum, I will spend the money and send at least one of those knives to be destroyed/tested. I don't say this because of my experience or animosity but the knives are really poor quality, I have been day dreaming about making a YouTube video where I destroy them just to show the world what I think about them. I think having them destroyed for a purpose would be much better.

People have been trying to expose him since at least 2013 and I'm sure the knife community has been dying to get one of these in their hands to confirm their suspicions. That time is now. I would like to send you at least one or two and we can send whatever is left to a steel company. Maybe we can send them all to you first and then we can send them to the steel company after? I'm not sure how expensive this might be but I'm willing to take this as far as I can. It's a small price to pay to bring a victory to all of us.

Last edited:
I'm also Brazilian resident, and here now. Went to the local clinic that we use for mental heath certifications. Gave the link to our local Psychologist to read. He said that CW exhibits some signs of what the medical community calls "Sociopathic" behavior. It may be a helpful fact to consider, in your ongoing investigations, and legal actions.

Most people who suffer from these disorders don't have just one, they're usually accompanied by another problem. This man might be a narcissist who could suffer from sociopathy or psychopathic tendencies as well. This is an educated guess based on experiences I've had and I could very well be wrong.

Last edited:
I've learned of some situations with sociopaths on Xanax or similar drugs, that ended poorly. I hope that this isn't the case here.

I've learned of some situations with sociopaths on Xanax or similar drugs, that ended poorly. I hope that this isn't the case here.

I believe this man is volatile and dangerous, I believe he could really hurt someone and if anything happens to us we will all know who did it. Better me than the next man, at least I have the means and I'm willing. This is damaging to his business and I'm sure he's feeling desperate on some level but I'm not moved by fear of people. My fear is failure and not doing my job... my accelerator pedal is all the way to the floorboard.

I have done many of the things you have recommended and we have a permanent restraining order against him! I will look into the AG as I haven't though of that yet... Thank you! I will now answer your pm here on the forum, I will spend the money and send at least one of those knives to be destroyed/tested. I don't say this because of my experience or animosity but the knive are really poor quality, I have been day dreaming about making a YouTube video where I destroy them just to show the world what I think about them. I think having them destroyed for a purpose would be much better.

People have been trying to expose him since at least 2013 and I'm sure the knife community has been dying to get one of these in there hands to confirm their suspicions. That time is now. I would like to send you at least one or two and we can send whatever is left to a steel company. Maybe we can send them all to you first and then we can send them to the steel company after? I'm not sure how expensive this might be but I'm willing to take this as far as I can. It's a small price to pay to bring a victory to all of us.

If the knife community wants one in their hands, we could just buy the same kit knife he does.

I think that CW should pay the OP for time and trouble, and goods; and then offer an apology for making threats. From there he should lose the benchmade design, and go back under the radar. I've been around long enough to know that this guy has a lot to hide, and he is trying to self destruct. Having been in business many times, I know how people cook the books, false invoices to grossly inflate the material costs, shell companies and offshore hidden assets. It's just speculation on my part, but to me it looks like a familiar old book. The tax teams know all this also, you can't hide anything in this age. He could change his rhetoric, and tweak the company to be more honest and upfront. What's he got to lose, except taking more time to reach his wealth goals, and winning genuine respect from the knife community.

He also bought an Indian motorcycle around the same time he charged my cards for the knives.

Last edited:
I've found information that he took out a massive loan against his property ( the one up for auction in that YouTube video ). That's why we posted it, we thought it was possible he's in trouble which would make sense as to why he would fight my dispute. He also bought an Indian motorcycle around the same time he charged my cards for the knives. We're still looking into the loan.
You think? I kinda figured that he had at least one or two Miami luxury apartments, that he owned under some shell corporation. That's where I would recommend looking, doing an asset search with a bench writ to break into the trust or whatever. Twenty years knowing Brazilian businessmen, I learned how the hidden money gets laundered.

You think? I kinda figured that he had at least one or two Miami luxury apartments, that he owned under some shell corporation. That's where I would recommend looking, doing an asset search with a bench writ to break into the trust or whatever. Twenty years knowing Brazilian businessmen, I learned how the hidden money gets laundered.

We need more time to figure out what the truth is, we can only speculate on certain things right now.

Last edited:
He has several corporations which might be shell corporations for these activities, we've been on it for some time now. I'm starting to think you've figured out what we do. I like your style!
The South Florida and Miami real estate is traded like a special commodity, mostly with the wealthy South Americans wanting to hide assets, and because of that, it is very liquid. There are some Florida agents that "facilitate" these transaction, for a special fee. The sellers can skim cash money or gold bullion off the top, and no one is the wiser. It's a win win for both buyer and seller.

The South Florida and Miami real estate is traded like a special commodity, mostly with the wealthy South Americans wanting to hide assets, and because of that, it is very liquid. There are some Florida agents that "facilitate" these transaction, for a special fee. The sellers can skim cash money or gold bullion off the top, and no one is the wiser. It's a win win for both buyer and seller.

I think I remember finding connections to him and Florida last week, I believe you mentioned fla before and I overlooked it. Everything has been exhausting but I now feel motivated. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it, I now get it!

Back